My experiences with Prozac

Just-lost

Hi everyone I just thought I'd share and hopefully raise awareness that people really need to be told about the side effects of pharmaceutical drugs.....

I've always suffered with manic depression and social anxiety but I could never have imagined my life turning the way it did the day I was prescribed "Prozac" for the first few weeks I was so exhausted and shakey I couldn't leave the house my social anxiety seemed to increase by 10000% but I persevered because the doctors said it would help sadly this wasn't the case after months on Prozac with anxiety constantly increasing I started to feel moments of total Mania... Then the worst day of my life happend I tried to go to the shop but my anxiety was just too much so I went back to my bedroom extremely upset.... All of a sudden it felt like I couldn't keep control anymore so I went downstairs and started attacking my brother and my mum... Not once in my life have a laid a finger on them They are my two very best friends and I'm terribly ashamed after they had calmed me down I begged for help any kind of help just something someone to tell me what on earth was happening we called the hospital, the local psychiatric unit and my therapist all had no advice other than to get me arrested which both my mum and brother knew that just wasn't at all a good idea with me being socially anxious who knew what could have happend or how bad I could have ended up feeling.... So I made the decision to stop taking Prozac and not once since have I felt this manic feeling I really really have had my eyes opened to how little help is available to people with mental health problems and I have started looking into natural remedies. So far so good but I've never felt at peace since the day I attacked my best friends.... I don't know if anybody can relate or has been down the natural remedy path but I'm new to it all and I'm trying so very hard to do all I can for myself and other people In my position.... And advice or feedback will be greatly recieved! Cheers for reading :)

planemo

I took prozac to see if it would work better than aropax but it didn't. it made my obsessive intrusive thoughts come back. I didn't experience anything like you did, and i'm sorry you had to go through that.

how are you feeling now? have you tried any herbal remedies?