My dreams and avoiding situations because of them.

SickCycleCarousel

I met this guy on World of Warcraft last October. We talk pretty much every day and I think I'm in love with him.
The first few months we chatted I was very flirtatious with him. A couple months ago I had a dream that was being too affectionate with him. Sometimes we can go an hour or so without saying anything (as we're playing the game we're concentrating on whatever we're doing). So to let him know I'm thinking about him I will whisper him and give him "hugs" or <3s or "kisses" or whatever and he would do it back.
Since I had that dream I have been holding back a lot. I'm not as affectionate and I try not to let him know I love him as much as I used to. I feel like that dream was a sign...like he was trying to tell me it was all too much for him.
But then he asked me recently why I don't talk to him like I used to. I didn't know what to say...I didn't want to say that it's because I don't know if he really loves me like he says he does...I don't want to be flirty and affectionate to someone who only sees me as a friend or bed-buddy. (I know we're just talking online and it would be different if we were face-to-face, but it's all the same to me).
So things between us have been a bit stale. Then I have a dream the other night that he was falling out of love with me.

I don't know if the dreams are just my worries and it's all in my head or if it's real. Maybe it is real...I'm chasing after something/someone I can never have (we live in different countries after all).

A part of me feels that I should just go with it and enjoy our friendship and continue loving him as a friend until it's over..Another part of me wants to end it very soon because I am falling for him and I don't want to get hurt.

I just don't know what to do. I feel like I'm crazy for liking him and I feel like I'm crazy because I am taking these dreams as signs.

I wish I could go back to the days when I didn't question our friendship. I hate that I'm over-analyzing everything.

I feel like such a mess. I'm lost and so confused. :confused:

By the way, I'm not entirely sure if this belongs in this category..I apologize if it doesn't.

I just recently met someone online, and I think he is awesome, and we were recently talking about meeting.
We hardly ever talk now though, so I know what you are feeling and going through. This guy lives in another state, and that, in itself makes it hard.
The best way I am dealing with this is by telling myself "do not crush on this guy".
Is it really worth it for me? No, because I don't plan on moving, and it probably wouldn't work out anyway.
I have refrained myself from complementing him, and saying anything nice and sweet, so we can keep things just as online friends.

How long have you known him? How much do you know about him? Do you see you two meeting as a possibility? If you do, I think you should just keep the relationship going as it. I don't have much relationship advice, so I don't want to be like 'you should ask him how he feels about you'. Because, I've only been in 2, and I pretty much ruin it with every guy I meet. Lol. So you don't really wanna listen to me.

SickCycleCarousel

I've known him since last October. We hit it off right away and have been talking pretty much every single since. I don't know much about him (my SA hinders me from asking questions because I feel like I don't have the right to ask them) but from what I do know I think he's great. He makes me laugh and he makes me feel special (no guy has ever made me feel as special as he does). I live in the U.S. and he lives in Australia. I don't foresee us meeting any time soon, but if the opportunity was there I would immediately jump at the chance (that is, if I knew for sure that he felt the same about me). We always say "love ya bunches" to each other but he has only said "I love you" once. I just don't know if he means it in a friendly way or if he really means it. I feel stupid for even wondering these things because we are so far apart.

I have never had a real relationship and I have never known what love feels like. I think about him all the time..I miss him when he isn't online and when we talk I feel giddy and nervous. I am so confused, but I also feel so pathetic. I just don't know what to do or think.

Last edited:

NinjaLikesToast

I can relate to all of this, I used to be addicted to WoW and had the same sort of situation.. I don't want to sound to horribly depressing, but I think if you get your hopes up you will most definitely be hurting in the end :S

I think its fine to be really close to someone online, as close as you can be, but you have to keep it in perspective. be rational about it :) easier said than done for someone with anxiety haha.. Not sure how old you are, but most importantly just be safe about it.

SickCycleCarousel

I'm almost 26 lol. I know it's silly and pathetic as hell for me to be in this situation. But the last time I was with a guy, physically, was five years ago...before that I had never had...anything...with a guy. =\

Also, I know I'm setting myself up. Which is probably why I'm holding my feelings back. Part of me must know it's going to end soon...I don't know...this is exhausting. lol.