My anxiety/panic attack/OCD/agoraphobia story

TheDavePhan

*I constantly have to check my pulse, it's become a habit.
*I cannot travel long distances
*I cannot go anywhere, without driving myself so I can "escape"
*I constantly make myself dizzy by worrying about becoming dizzy (irony?)
*My throat randomly feels closed and I feel i'm losing my breath
*I worry about becoming terminally ill, i.e. cancer. (one time I didnt leave my house because I was convinced I had lymphoma for 3 months, it made me lose my g/f of 2 years.
*I cannot eat alone because I fear choking, it's very hard for me to eat anywhere but at home, with someone there.
*I feel lightheaded constantly
*if i'm driving the fear gets so bad, once I actually drive through oncoming traffic, avoiding a red light so I could get to my safety zone quicker.
*I fear blacking out/passing out/fainting constantly
*I cannot exercise because when I'm done I feel a little dizzy, and it feeds my disorder and I panic severely.
*I wash my hands every chance I get
*I'm afraid people poison my food or drink at restaraunts.
* I cannot be in a group of people or I panic, I feel like i'm not there sometimes, like im detached, and I have trouble looking at the person i'm talking to, and it makes me panic.
*It has made me see who my real friends are (most of the ran, because i'm so detached and afraid all the time)
*My family doesent understand, they yell at me when I have an attack and blow me off.
* I feel alone in this world, like no one understands
*i fear for my life everyday. Everyday I fear i'm going to die.
*i'm generally just scared, and it's ruined my life for a long time.
[/list]

johnyboy

TheDavePhan said:
*I constantly have to check my pulse, it's become a habit.
*I cannot travel long distances
*I cannot go anywhere, without driving myself so I can "escape"
*I constantly make myself dizzy by worrying about becoming dizzy (irony?)
*My throat randomly feels closed and I feel i'm losing my breath
*I worry about becoming terminally ill, i.e. cancer. (one time I didnt leave my house because I was convinced I had lymphoma for 3 months, it made me lose my g/f of 2 years.
*I cannot eat alone because I fear choking, it's very hard for me to eat anywhere but at home, with someone there.
*I feel lightheaded constantly
*if i'm driving the fear gets so bad, once I actually drive through oncoming traffic, avoiding a red light so I could get to my safety zone quicker.
*I fear blacking out/passing out/fainting constantly
*I cannot exercise because when I'm done I feel a little dizzy, and it feeds my disorder and I panic severely.
*I wash my hands every chance I get
*I'm afraid people poison my food or drink at restaraunts.
* I cannot be in a group of people or I panic, I feel like i'm not there sometimes, like im detached, and I have trouble looking at the person i'm talking to, and it makes me panic.
*It has made me see who my real friends are (most of the ran, because i'm so detached and afraid all the time)
*My family doesent understand, they yell at me when I have an attack and blow me off.
* I feel alone in this world, like no one understands
*i fear for my life everyday. Everyday I fear i'm going to die.
*i'm generally just scared, and it's ruined my life for a long time.
[/list]

HI..i feel you! thats hard.remember no one can help you except yourself,fight! if your going to die we might as well die happy(right),i talked to a priest about dying he says to me "DYING IS THE HAPPY PART OF OUR LIVES" because we will be beside our creator but dont commit suicide because that is a sin.flow with everyday life,find some love and will love you back in return.i promise you life is happy! :D :D

TheDavePhan

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It's hard to face the anxiety though, it's so scary sometimes. I will do my best to get ahold of it though.

Lexmark

Never heard someone being able to make themselves dizzy
But with the throat feeling closed I get that when I try to speak and my voice goes reel course for some stupid reason
I have had SP for 10 years but this didnt start happening until about 3 years ago

Memocan

Hi thedavepan, i feel with u because i also have some symtpoms like yours. Do u still use prozac?

Cus i read in another topic that u had stopped with prozac, but because the atacks were returning u was going to start again, i also read in that post and u said that prozac helped u alot, that there were no panic attacks anymore.