My 1st post here.......

newone

well let me tell a little about myself.......im a male 20 years old this year.....ive developed hyperhidrosis around the age of 14 but was very minimal......as i got older its been worse and worse up to where i am now.....i have hand,feet and armpit sweat.....i know my dad has this as well and so does my younger brother......i never talked to my dad about it ever and i dunno how long hes had it but i know he still has it.....someone i noticed said it would stop but i hope it does since it didint for my dad.......alll itried so far was robinul forte for a month and it hasnt been great at all just got dizzy the 1st time i tried it with little improvement and by the end almost none with like no dry mouth......i would like to dicuss this a little more.......like what i wanna do in life and what not

Danfalc

Banned
hiya i cant really help because ive never had a seriosus problem with hyperhidrosis.But maybe if you get one with your dad you should bite the bullet and talk to him as he knows exactly what ya going through and ohpefully will really support you.Anyway i know there are people on this forum who suffer with the same problem so it might be worth having a loof round the forum for old posts untill someone gets back to you.

newone

yea i dunno....i just wanted to say things like i am a criminal justice major and want to become a cop but my biggest fear is just training with my sweaty problem as well as the job itself....i have a lot of friends where they dont even know of this even though they might think i have this.....it just something that hides i guess from everything.......i also do have a g/f who i told this to and she understands totally.....im not being conceited or anything but i dont think im an ugly guy or anything cuz i do get stares here and there but this hyperhidrosis is what i believe would scare everyone away....and i dont care bout any other girls anyway lol cuz i love my g/f but just trying to say that i look and act like everyone else and have a lot of friends its just that this is something that i thinking about cuz i know its there and it is not a good thing.

Danfalc

Banned
like i said i cant really understansd.But you have a gf.. and you aint being big headed you probaly are a good lookin bloke from what ya saying,i think we judge ourselves much more harshly than others do... you have a gf and she doesnt judge you,im sure she would love you to not have it so you felt better but she still cares about you.You have mates and you aint sure if they know... it probaly isnt apparent as you might think... or they couldnt care less cos your there mate :) I dont know what its like so sorry if what im saying is insensative or sommat.. but i think if you can be a bit more posative that might help.. i dont think most people would think any worse of you for it.. i know if i met a girl who had the problem it wouldnt bother me in the slightest and any who do are the type who would pick on people for say glasses... immature idiots :roll:

And as for telling ya dad.. i can understand what your saying,but maybe hes felt to awkward saying anything and you speaking about it might build that bridge for each other... and just because you tell him about it doesnt mean hes gonna think badly of you about everything for one thing.

newone

yea i know what you mean...thanx a lot but other then that yea i dont show to anyone that it bothers me i act like anyone else does but its just always there in the back of my head..

sadday

welcome to the board newone.

i would definitely advise trying to speak with your father about your HH. he may be able to give you some advise on how he was able to deal with it growing up. i know it is a difficult thing. the only person who knows i suffer is my mom. i only told her about it a year ago after suffered from this for almost 7 years. still to this day i don't like talking to her about it. she will ask me "have you sweated any today?" ugh!!! i sweat everyday. but she's only trying to help. but anyway....

you should try odaban. a lot of people seem to get good results treating underarm sweating. and for your hands and feet you can try iontophoresis. just browse around this particular forum and you will find out about a lot of different treatment options.

just stay positive. you've got lots of friends and a girlfriend who likes you regardless of your sweating. that is great!!!