musicmakers

FunwithPineTrees

so i am a person who is here, but ahs not been for that long of a time.
Ergo I do no know if this has ever been discussed. and it may have been, but

it appears to me that lots of people here are musicians. so i think we should like talk about it, because it is something to do.

more specifically does anyone on this forum partake in making music, of their own as in songwriting, or being a songwriter...

that is what i say, if so then we can like put a bunch of posts together and form it into a thread where we discuss our songwriteing and the joy playing music brings to us. If not then this htread will shrivel away

so anyway i am a person who maks songs and i like to. i don't really think Damien Rice is an influence of mine, I am more influenced by other folk music types. I enjoy fun chord changes, they bring me some degree of joy

PS my life is a mess, and i am going to have a food now.

scruffpot

I totally agree with you, there area lot of musicos out here on thsi forum it'll be good to get a load of us chating and sharing ideas.
I play bass, guitar, piano, sax and a few other things, have been a roadie for a number of years working on the lights and sound of many different big arena concerts around the country glasto, NEC wembley etc and still enjoying it all. also got a degree in music (sound design and music tech) so im definatly up or for a big group chat thing for us musicians. i produce a lot of music via electronics but still go back to my old pen and paper to do notation.

music Im into mainly is found on the ninjatune label and some wierd expeirmental electronic stuff, old mo wax, old blues etc leadbelly etc but also like some rock (not cheesey 80's meatloaf cher rubbish - power ballards), but NOT liking this 80's revival thing at the mo, kooks, enemy, franz ferdinand, zutons, ting tings- they all just sound like adam and the ants/the cure and lot of the crappy comercial R&B stuff from America.
but apart from the rest of that I like all sorts of music.