Motivation.

lithiumflower

Lately I’ve been feeling a bit more avoidant than usual. The (very) few people that I chat with online, I avoid. It’s more than simply being afraid (there’s a major part of that involved though), I just feel like I’ve lost all motivation in my life… or most of it anyway. I’ve lost the motivation to want to make friends online or do much else other than sitting in my room watching movies, TV, reading, etc.

Although these are things that I enjoy doing, I just find myself lacking motivation for just about anything else. One thing I do force myself to do is go to work, but that’s because of the whole being in debt thing.

I have several stories that I would like to write (I used to be an aspiring writer, went to school for it then changed majors) but I can’t get myself motivated to write, even just for myself.

It’s just so frustrating! I want to be more involved on this forum so badly but not only is the problem a lack of motivation but the fear really does kick in.

I’m going all over the map with this and I don’t even know if it makes any sense but I’m going to just suck it up, take a leap and post it.

I can completely understand this, I am in a similar state, I am beyond unmotivatied, I sleep alot, watch tv, etc. It is my depression, I know it is, but it is worse then it has been in a while, I did finally go talk to some people, and I am to try to meds, etc. I hope it helps, because, like you, I have so many things I want to do, including writing, though I suck at it, but I have stories to tell.

Have you been told by a doctor that you have depression? If so are you getting help, or taking something, because it sounds like depression to me, and that can be a killer to motivation.

lithiumflower

I can completely understand this, I am in a similar state, I am beyond unmotivatied, I sleep alot, watch tv, etc. It is my depression, I know it is, but it is worse then it has been in a while, I did finally go talk to some people, and I am to try to meds, etc. I hope it helps, because, like you, I have so many things I want to do, including writing, though I suck at it, but I have stories to tell.

Have you been told by a doctor that you have depression? If so are you getting help, or taking something, because it sounds like depression to me, and that can be a killer to motivation.

I really hope it works out for you.

Yep, a few years ago I saw a psychiatrist and two therapists and was on Zoloft for the depression for about a year. When everything seemed like it wasn't helping I pretty much gave up (and it was costing too much money).

Hmm I understand the money issues, I am struggling with that as well, but I think that money shouldnt stop you from finding help, it would seem that it is depression that is hitting you also, and in my experience depression is notoriously hare to get rid of on your own. Do you at least have family or friends for support?

lithiumflower

Hmm I understand the money issues, I am struggling with that as well, but I think that money shouldnt stop you from finding help, it would seem that it is depression that is hitting you also, and in my experience depression is notoriously hare to get rid of on your own. Do you at least have family or friends for support?

Heh, in a perfect world money wouldn't stop me. But I am in big time debt and it's a struggle to pay the bills to be honest. I've been dealing with depression for over five years and I'm still managing to function relatively alright.

12 years here, I had the support of my family to thank that I am still here, and their support when it comes to money too. My whole family struggles with money though, but they try.

Felicidad

Hi!
I know it´s very hard to find some kind of motivation when you are depressive but think that if you felf better before, you have the strenght to go out of this state. Try to think about the things that are important for you Set small goals to get them. Step by step.
Set a time along the day as a therapy time where you force yourself to do little changes and so on.