More Fairy Tales

Thx to all those who commented on the post I wrote on the Fairy Tale and childrens stories phenomenon.

I suppose it is in the way we interpret what we read,that produces the outcome of our own thoughts.

It is true that some people will use whatever means they can to control others no matter their age, gender etc.

Sometimes I believe our own imagination can be a vivid tool to either help or disturb us.

I think that if we are in a susceptible state of mind when the stimulus
is presented we can have a positive or negative reaction and therefore a memory of the specific event whether it is from a movie,book or even a verbal situation.

When I was a child I saw some photos of an adult nature.

These photos were not in a place for me to see,however I was curious and got into a box that was on a shelf in a closet and I ended up seeing these photos.

I put them back where I got them from and my parents never knew what I had seen.

Certain events can retrigger the scene in my mind of what I saw.

Pretty powerful stuff when you think of a harmless piece of paper.

My theory is that your mind can work for you as well as against you..

Harnessing the power is what we need to master.

This is the key to fighting anxiety and its related conditions.

Think about all the times it is recommended that we go and talk to a professional when we have difficulty dealing with an issue or health problem.

Is talking going to do any good?

It all depends on the individual.

Ultimately my healing began when I found out that I could retrain my thoughts and use positive phrases and programs to bump me out of the old way of thinking.

I wanted to get rid of the scarey tales in my mind and fill up on new, more productive,healthier input.

Just as the negative went in so can the positve.

Remember,there are two sides to all things.

There is no up without a down,no in without an out, no front without a back etc.

I hope this gives you another opinion to think about and that maybe you can find some good and helpful thoughts in what I have said.

Forever on the quest to end anxiety.....
Lorraine

COALPORTER

Thanks, your post is very positive and may be of help to me,
but I get stuck at this point you made ..."Ultimately my healing began when I found out that I could retrain my thoughts and use positive phrases and programs to bump me out of the old way of thinking."

Could you please give examples of positive prases and programs?

See, I went over this topic with my phycologist and he said
this is only "level 1" programing...a temporary "pump up" and
does not really change the brain structure the way that proper
theropy does. I've tried to think positive, but in the "heat of battle",
so to speak, the real me still comes out.

Positive Thoughts

COALPORTER said:
Thanks, your post is very positive and may be of help to me,
but I get stuck at this point you made ..."Ultimately my healing began when I found out that I could retrain my thoughts and use positive phrases and programs to bump me out of the old way of thinking."

Could you please give examples of positive prases and programs?

See, I went over this topic with my phycologist and he said
this is only "level 1" programing...a temporary "pump up" and
does not really change the brain structure the way that proper
theropy does. I've tried to think positive, but in the "heat of battle",
so to speak, the real me still comes out.

I never go against what your personal therapist says but give some of my own experience and thoughts on what I have done. The more things we try the better chance we have of finding the right combination for ourselves and even that can change as we ourselves change with time and circumstances.
I wish you all the best in your personal journey and believe in yourself.
Telling yourself everyday that you are a good person who can acheive the goals you set for yourself..
Start with the small tasks and keep repeating the thought that you are a good person and do this each night and morning.
Write a list of things you want to accomplish or problems you want to deal with. Look the list over many times over the next months and add or take away anything you wish to change. This is like a journal and it can be anything you want it to be. It is for your eyes only so say whatever and dream big as writing things down helps to reinforce your thoughts and goals. Let yourself be human and forgive yourself when you think things are not going the way you want them to. Tomorrow is another day and there is no such thing as perfect . We all have something we are working on in our personal lives so you are not alone in this. Start with simple goals and go in small steps to get over the bigger hurtles. When we have the confidence that we have accomplished many smaller tasks our inner self gets a boost and courage to move ahead.
A good e-book I thought was at...

http://www.anxietyended.com/recommends/panicaway

Take care and my thoughts are with you in your quest to recover.
Lorraine