metal in ionto trays

Hyper-Hydro

hinder87 said:
i need something to rest my hands on in the trays so that water can get underneath my palms so it will get treated. i will be resting my hands on this metal grill-like thing used for storage. will the metal coming into direct contact with my hands be a bad thing? thanks...

btw, the things i'll be resting my hands on is this:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5606747

If it´s coated with vinyl, I don´t see how it could hurt you, but you´ll certainly know the second you switch on the current. Didn´t you get plastic meshes to place over the electrodes with your device?

Hyper-Hydro

hinder87 said:
it does not come with mesh because it doesnt need it. have u seen the fischer md1a trays? check out this site. click on "excessive sweating" and its the first post. it's all the way at the bottom of the page

http://www.esfbchannel.com/forum/index.html

Those certainly look shallow. If it doesn´t need a mesh, then why do you want to add one? Now I understand why people complain about irritation on the side of their hands and feet from using Fischer. If I were you, I´d get some photo-lab trays atleast as deep as Idrostar or Idromed. I´m sure nothings wrong with the device itself, but maybe the electrodes need redesigning as well. Is there a picture with electrodes in the tray, and one with water and a foot in it as well?.

hinder87

the thing is, it's hard to keep the hands floating since they will get tired. and if i rest them all the way to the bottom, water wont touch the part touching the bottom of the tray because theres no room for it to go. also because the electrod is on the side, not the bottom. any ideas on what i can rest my hands on? something like the one i asked about but plastic?

Hyper-Hydro

hinder87 said:
the thing is, it's hard to keep the hands floating since they will get tired. and if i rest them all the way to the bottom, water wont touch the part touching the bottom of the tray because theres no room for it to go. also because the electrod is on the side, not the bottom. any ideas on what i can rest my hands on? something like the one i asked about but plastic?

Your hands aren´t supposed to "float", the Fischer design is hopeless. I would get different trays altogether. Perhaps also different electrodes and cables like Idromed, and the mesh that goes with them. I don´t recall what Markus Bindner charges for those parts *, but it´s most likely cheaper than trying to rig something yourself. Don´t order the Idromed trays though, they´re made to work as a portable combo, so they´re like two halves of a small suitcase. This gives them a rather sharp edge, which can be annoying for your wrists. I usually rest my wrists on a firm cushion just slightly above the edge of the trays. This is something you have to think about, if you get new trays. They should be deeper than the Fischer trays, but not too deep, because that will cause you to sit with your hands in an uncomfortable angle. If you´re getting new trays, make sure they are big enough for both feet, if you also a foot sweater like me. this will enable you to have simultaneous hands & foot treatment (if your trays are big enough for both feet in one) This is an enormeous advantage, since you will cut total therapy hours in half, plus you can do that without an assistant, and you can read, og switch tv channels, answer phones etc. etc. while you do your therapy. If you have feet in one tray, and hands in the other, keeping one hand in the tray allows you to lift the other out (e.g. to cut the power to the ionto after the end of therapy), without getting shocked. Simply lift out the hand, wipe it in a dry towel, and turn down power on your ionto ( or place a waterproof on/off switch on a cable between the ac unit and your ionto, like Idromed 4) Fischer or Idrostar force you to take left and right side therapy seperately. I was wondering about this "every other day" routine, and only just recently realized that this is because the Fischer trays are too small.

* 0803-2008 update: Markus Bindner says a complete set of cables, aluminium electrodes and plastic mesh (Idromed 4) for two trays costs app. 100 Eur.

hinder87

thanks pinker.

hyper-hydro, do u have a maintennance regimen to keep ur hands and feet consistently dry? what mA, how many min., and how many times a week?

i have gotten my hand dry but my maintennance regimen isnt working. i was wondering what urs was so i can try that out. thanks.

hinder.. i'm told hyper_hydro has had his account and IP blocked. There were reasons but for one he insulted both me and another forum member here. Maybe he will be back to post about ionto but hopefully he won't be abusive on what is essentially a support forum.

hinder87

lol thanks for the info pinker. he has been mean lately. well, u cant blame him though coz he's over 50 and i guess that was his way of letting his anger out because of having hh for that long? lol idk