Met a girl on the internet...

SnackleZ

Things with my previous (first) girlfriend ended abruptly. In short, a phone call from her friend saying that she was avoiding me. I didn't take it well, but I've moved on.

About a month ago, I was talking on MSN to my buddy's ex (whom i'm good friends with) from another town about 30 miles from here and she asked if she could add her friend Ashley to the conversation. Well, we seemed to hit it off pretty good and she added me to her contact list.

Since then, we've talked every day about everything. We're really good friends and she's always flirting, pulling pranks on me, etc. I do the same back, and we just seem to have a really good time. We've got so much in common too. We're like the perfect couple.

I did ask her about 2 weeks after I met her if she'd like to get together sometime and catch a movie or something, and she said that her parents didn't know me, and before I could come up with an excuse, she replied with "sorry". Since then, our relationship has expanded.

I've met her before in person, and she's sent me some pics, but she doesn't remember me. I met her at a volleyball game that I went to where her school played mine and my buddy's ex introduced me to all her friends. She was one of them. She's drop dead georgeous. Seriously...

She keeps... talking... about her x though. Like, all the time. This was 7 months ago. She still likes him, but at the same time, she hates him. It's confusing. I'm not sure why, but she came out to me one day and said "We never did anything, I'm still a virgin." and instantly i'm like WTF? to myself and played along like I didn't believe it. Then she backed up her case by saying that the only thing they ever did was make out and he fingered her. Not exactly something I wanted to know, but it's not exactly something people who are JUST friends share either right?

Either way, she keeps saying that she needs to move on. But I'm not so sure that right now would be a good time for me to jump into her life as more than just a friend because she said that her cousin's mom tape recorded a conversation between her and her cousin where they were talking about what they did with their bf's and she said that her parents are really mad that she let her last bf finger her. Obviously things aren't so cool around there right now.

It's obvious she likes me... we spend hours upon hours talking, flirting, playing around, etc. She's even gave me her phone number (in a way) a few weeks ago, but I've never called because I never asked if I could. I'm sort of afraid to.

So... where do I start? Call her, yeah, I know, but... from there on out? I'm not so sure how to handle an internet relationship.

lostboi

Hey if you can actually get on the phone and talk to her your light years ahead of most of the people on this board. I guess talk to her, try to make plans set up some sort of date or something.

logitechdog

sounds like she's alot of trouble - and if she is still going on about her last bf and what she did with him with you doesnt sound like it would be very productive relationship, but if you like her and she likes you depending on what type u go for go for it - but logic tells to avoid this one and just stay friend's unless you can handle a bomb shell that might hit and with having any mental part your in right now might not help to get involed in this type of relationship but up to you - but logic say's avoid it - unless your willing to take the risk.

FruitLooPs

worrydoll said:
when she told you the personal information about her sex-life...did she know you were going to discuss it on an open forum????

Well at least names were avoided, but its hardly 'G' rated material is it lol!

Yeah wtf is up with recording someones convo, thats retarded in the extreme. She sounds nice, but also still not quite straightened out from her last relationship.

Maybe stay as friends for a tad longer and scope it out some more? who knows any girl i've liked ends up in the friends or past memories category - so maybe doing something is a good idea.

In short, I have no idea :p Spend a litle time weighing up the pros and cons and see where your feelings ultimately take you. :)

SnackleZ

I didn't get to talk to her yesterday, and after I talked to her a little bit today, she said she missed me yesterday. :oops: That was cool.

Then, she's like "f u b" (censored), and her supposed "boyfriend" starts talking to me because she got in the shower. Now, I've taken a few psychology classes in HS, and I know how things are. How people talk. This was no different person, but was indeed Ashley. I knew this because I'm one of VERY few people who instead of no, or nope, I say "naw"... she didn't used to say this, but I noticed she picked it up over the few weeks we've been talking.

Anyway, the "boyfriend" seemed jealous that she was talking to me. Of course, I played along and asked why and "he" was upset that I was talking to her and "he's" like:

"no you dont understand...obivously you dont know ashley that well b.c i have heard some stories bout how she does guys..and if she is talkin to other guys then she might start to like them....then cheat on me..."

Then I told "him" about how that's a load of crap and how just because I'm talking to her doesn't mean that she's cheating on me, etc. Then "he" said:

"you dont get it do you?? if she talks to the person long enough she might start to like them...then get w. them and cheat on me"

Ok, I'm no Sherlock, but I do know enough to solve a case. Here's what I've got...
1. She has no boyfriend because she's been obsessing about this other guy for too long.
2. The "BF" said that they had been talking for around 4 weeks now (same as her and I) and they just started dating last night.
3. There was no date last night because I asked her earlier before the "bf" got on and she stayed at home babysiting last night.
4. The "bf" talks too much like her, to not be her.
5. She pulls too many "u got punk'd" things on me. This is DEFINATELY like something she would do, but it also sounds like she's trying to hint that she likes me.

So basically, I think it's about time I make a move. It's pretty obvious now that she likes me. She's given me things in the past that have suggested it, but this screams it... Phone number, DIRECTIONS TO HER HOUSE (that was on thursday). Not something she would do with a normal friend.

So... I hope she gets back online soon so I can play this out the rest of the way.

SnackleZ

Now, I need a cigarette, and I haven't smoked in 5 years.

She came back later on and I made the mistake of calling her out on the whole boyfriend thing. She claimed that a guy that she was "talking" to was over there and his name was "Matt". I told her about the conversation and about how he seemed controlling and how I couldn't believe she would go for a guy like that (bonus points for me :lol: ) and she seemed ok with it. Oddly enough. She never admitted to it actually being her because she pretty much came out in the open and said she liked me.

So, I talked to the one who introduced us... She said that she didn't know, and acted like she didn't want anything to do with it, so then her sister got online... She's the kind of person who actually FINDS OUT information and then, unfortunately, gossips. She's not completely honest either, but she is most of the time.

As soon as she logged on, she asked who all I was talking to and I said "you and ashley" and she's like, "oh yeah, do you like her, because I think she likes you but won't say anything about it" and went on from there telling me small bits and pieces of conversations between Ashley and her sister that she had seen.

So I told her about the conversation, bf, and how she denied everything, and how everything matches up (grammar, spelling, etc) and she's like... "That sounds exactly like her. I'll ask.".... so, supposedly she asked, but what she put that she said was completely BS. She "copied" the conversation, but the words were obviously changed. Some of the phrases included "fuck no, i hate him" and "no, i'm not dating matt, we're just talking", etc. So, part of it may be true, then again, it may all be false, or it may all be true. I can't trust her... she's lied in the past to me.

But... so I'm stuck on what to do. Completely. I hate mind games.... especially this one. It sucks. But, if it's the price I have to pay to get what I want, then so be it. I'm just to a point right now of where I seriously need some kind of relaxer.