Meds question again (sorry)

Scottish_Player

Having taken the 10mg of lexapro and feeling freaked/spaced out i was thinking about how i took them,i took them on an empty stomach at 9am this morning and had not had anything to eat since 8pm the night before could this have been what caused me to react to it so badley? i read all the info that goes with it and it doesnt say anyhing about taking it with or without food?

Danfalc

Banned
Sup Scottish

Im no expert or anything but it could well be with not eating, my advice is make sure you eat tmoz and see how it goes, if ur still having problems with being sick and all that ring the doctor up.remember ur body probaly isnt use to taking what it is that ur taking so it might take a while for your body to get use to it.

Scottish_Player

Cheers for the reply Dan,i realy hope thats all the problem was as i realy do want to give them ago,what i think i will do is take half a tab tommorow and then 3/4 the next day and then back onto a full one but i will take them after i have had something to eat.

Danfalc

Banned
Hmm you could do that i suppose, or you could take half in the morning and half at night so you dont git hit with all the effects at once.Anways whatever you do i hope they help you.

J

Scot: Good idea you have with the slow step-up. I react fairly well to antidepressants (as in, they affect me right away and at low doses), so the step-ups/titrations most docs throw at me are like hitting me with a brick :p

It's not unusual to be a space cadet for a day or three after starting a new med or increasing dosage. If it's tolerable, stay on the drug for a week or so and see if the side effects lessen or go away. You may just have a "bad first day" on that med.

Scottish_Player

J said:
If it's tolerable, stay on the drug for a week or so and see if the side effects lessen or go away. You may just have a "bad first day" on that med.

I dont think i can chance taking it again after how i still feel this morning,ive taken the rest of the week off cause i feel that bad.My first sick days in about 5 years :roll: ive just ruined my record now :lol:

Iam not too sure if meds are for me,i dont even drink that often either as anything that makes me feel diffrent just freaks me out when i dont think i have control.

Thanks again for the replies :wink:

soarer

Lexapro

I would definitely not start on 10 mg of Lexapro to begin with. For me I've tried 2.5 mg (breaking 10 mg tablet into four pieces) and I have found even this amount of it to be very stimulating and basically too much for me to tolerate. I was on 10mg of Paxil for many years and have been off of it now for 6 months and now for some reason if i try a small amount of another antidepressant my nerves get so bad they are basically shot. I've heard of others who find Lexapro stimulating as well and they take 2.5mg -5mg so try a lower amount if you are going to try it again. :)