Medicine for blushing a1 and a2 receptors?

Stuckwithme

Blushers/Flushers may have an acute stress syndrome and I think it might have to do with adrenalin, sympathetic nervous system and so on. Clonidine has given a lot of people so relief as most of you know which is a a2 receptor medicine.

So which receptor is most important, is it the a1 or the a2 or something else? Also, which medicine in both cases is the most important, the agonists or antagonists?

Alpha-1 adrenergic receptor

Agonists

Cirazoline
Etilefrine
Metaraminol
Methoxamine
Midodrine
Naphazoline
Oxymetazoline
Phenylephrine
Synephrine
Tetrahydrozoline
Xylometazoline

Antagonists

Alfuzosin
Arotinolol
Carvedilol
Doxazosin
Indoramin
Labetalol
Moxisylyte
Phenoxybenzamine
Phentolamine
Prazosin
Silodosin
Tamsulosin
Terazosin
Tolazoline
Trimazosin

Alpha-2 adrenergic receptor

Agonists

Apraclonidine
Brimonidine
Clonidine
Detomidine
Dexmedetomidine
Guanabenz
Guanfacine
Lofexidine
Medetomidine
Romifidine
Tizanidine
Tolonidine
Xylazine
Fadolmidine

Antagonists

Atipamezole
Cirazoline
Efaroxan
Idazoxan
Mianserin
Mirtazapine
Napitane
Phenoxybenzamine
Phentolamine
Rauwolscine
Setiptiline
Tolazoline
Yohimbine

Which of these have you tried??

Stuckwithme

Also, I wonder when people want to try beta blockers, they always pick Inderal (propanolol) which makes me wonder why? It is a "non selective" beta blockers which means it hits your lungs and other organs which is totally unnecessary and so it gives you more side effects.

I went from propanolol to metoprolol and I didnt have any problems with cold hands, impotence or irritation any longer.

Why Inderal all the time? Is it special in any way?

Stuckwithme

Also, I wonder when people want to try beta blockers, they always pick Inderal (propanolol) which makes me wonder why? It is a "non selective" beta blockers which means it hits your lungs and other organs which is totally unnecessary and so it gives you more side effects.

I went from propanolol to metoprolol and I didnt have any problems with cold hands, impotence or irritation any longer.

Why Inderal all the time? Is it special in any way?

To answer my own question. This is what someone else wrote on a forum which might explain it.

I would recommend propranolol first. Propranolol is a non-selective beta blocker and will cross the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to affect some of the adrenaline receptors in the brain. For SAD and dealing with an intense and potentially traumatic situation, I believe this can provide a benefit. I know I spend less time worrying about presentations after the fact when taking propranolol. I do not believe any of the other beta blockers are as effective in this regard.

Look at some of the research on PTSD and propranolol for some more background.