Medicine ahead of a presentation or meeting

haripad

I'm a newbie to the forum. Could somebody pls tell me what's the best medicine to take ahead of a presentation or a meeting? And would it be available over the counter

SilentType

Banned
There are some over the counter remedies out there, but I think most people here would agree that the best medication for situational anxiety would be a benzodiazepine. This class of drugs includes Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and many others. Doctors often prescribe these drugs for exactly what you're looking for, that is to take before a dreaded event such as presentation or meeting. If you're looking for non-prescription drugs I would start with kava kava.

Peace

Angel_Of_Death

There are some over the counter remedies out there, but I think most people here would agree that the best medication for situational anxiety would be a benzodiazepine. This class of drugs includes Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and many others. Doctors often prescribe these drugs for exactly what you're looking for, that is to take before a dreaded event such as presentation or meeting. If you're looking for non-prescription drugs I would start with kava kava.

Peace

Have you tried Kava Kava, if so how did you get it ? I heard it was banned in north america.

SilentType

Banned
Have you tried Kava Kava, if so how did you get it ? I heard it was banned in north america.

Kava is completely legal everywhere on Earth as far as I know. It's a very popular drink in some pacific island nations such as Polynesia or Vanuatu. You can get it at health/supplement stores or online. Some people use concentrated forms of kava that can simply be swallowed like a pill or dripped into a drink, but most experienced users say the best effects come from freshly ground root made into a tea. I agree with this, as I've tried both. However, I've found the overall effects to be very subtle and it tastes pretty bad too... Also, overuse of kava has also been known to cause liver problems and yellowing of the eyes and skin.

I find that Xanax and other benzodiazepines work much better at relieving my panic disorder symptoms. That's just my opinion though.

Peace