Medications to stop hyperhidrosis

hb72

Clonidine
Half life of 16 -33 hours
Clonidine is a direct-acting α2 adrenergic agonist.
The main use for this medication is to treat high blood pressure. It works by stimulating α2 receptors in the brain which decreases cardiac output and peripheral vascular resistance, lowering blood pressure. It has specificity towards the presynaptic alpha-2 receptors in the vasomotor center in the brainstem. This binding decreases presynaptic calcium levels, and inhibits the release of norepinephrine (NE). The net effect is a decrease in sympathetic activity.

Gabapentin
Half life 5-7 hours

Gabapentin was initially synthesized to mimic the chemical structure of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), but is not believed to act on the same brain receptors.

Its exact mechanism of action is unknown, but its therapeutic action on neuropathic pain is thought to involve voltage-gated N-type calcium ion channels. It is thought to bind to the α2δ subunit of the voltage-dependent calcium channel in the central nervous system.

Popularly referred to as the body's natural tranquilizer, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an amino acid produced in the brain. It acts as a neurotransmitter - a chemical that fosters communication between nerve cells - and helps keep stress-related nerve impulses at bay.

Normally, the brain pumps out all the GABA we need. GABA levels may become depleted, however, as a result of poor diet, exposure to environmental toxins, or other factors. Too little of this important compound may result in anxiety, irritability, insomnia, or depression. .

mirtazapine
Half Life 37 hours (Females) and 26 hours (male)

Mirtazapine is an antidepressant introduced by Organon International in 1994 used for the treatment of moderate to severe depression and anxiety. Mirtazapine has a tetracyclic chemical structure and is classified as a noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant (NaSSA).With no Sexual Side affects like most other antidepressants.

Here is a case report of a male who has been cured for palmoplanter hyperhidrosis (emotional sweating) you will notice that if you have palmoplanter you will not sweat when you sleep as it is not triggered by temperature but by constantly in "fight or flight" mode when your conscious.

Im currently taking amitriptyline which is an antichlorgenic antidepressant its takes 4-6 weeks for it to build up in your system im on week 2 and and it has reduced my sweating from moderate to very mild.I dont like it because it an cause weight gain and sexual side effects so im will be trying the list above after 6 weeks of amtrip. I dont mind taking meds longterm to live a life without HH i see it as no different to normal ppl popping a vitamin every day.

klamm76

I have tried GABA. I got it from a homeopath in Norway that ordered it from Netherland/dutch.

He explained it to me like this was to calm down the nervesystem in my body,because I also have a stumach problem.That i suspect is muscel,or nervepain.They dont sell it in Norway,but I can order small doses form Netherland. Dont remember how long is used it exactly,think it was about 7-8 weeks,it did nothing for me.I also tought then that it could help me whit my HH since most doctors/surgions says HH comes from an overactive symphatic nervesystem.Fight or flight constantly.
Dont know about this?.I didnt notice something when I was taking,GABA.

Now, I am also on a drug that is supose to slow down my nerve/muscelsystem/cramps.And I can relate to the sexual part thing.I get my dick up,no problem,but it takes longer time for me to come,if you know what I mean.But serious,I also mean that this drug slows down my sweating,but this is not the reason why I take it.!!

Btw I hate pills/drugs,but after almost 4 years whit pain,I resently started whit this medication.It dont take away my pain (nervepain?),but it takes away the top of the pain.Give me a bit relife.

Intressting post btw.I think this drugs are more herbal related, instead of syntetic made,like most drugs from the doctors are.Or is it not?..Think GABA was?