masturbation..

no1

Banned
I had to make a thread about this because.. masturbation is driving me crazy! j/k. Actually.. I can't really find a good place to talk about this.. and masturbation isn't thoroughly researched in the medical community.

Some people think masturbation is healthy, and has benefits. Others (especially spiritual or religious people) think it is unhealthy. For the unhealthy believers I find it messed up that this is not really recognized in the medical community.

Personally I believe masturbation can be harmful, at least for the male, even if it's not in the 'too much' zone. Maybe if we could learn non ejaculatory orgasm like the females do. I think ejaculatory masturbatory orgasm may be harmful as it causes pent up emotions to become "stuck" even more, tension is not released instead it causes more tension, and tangles up the pericardium muscle. You lose energy and not to mention the nutrients (yes) in the semen. I think sexual ejaculation is different from masturbatory ejaculation. I believe the body was not meant to ejaculate or even have orgasm by means other than sex. It's not natural, it's not right, physiologically/biologically it's not right. During real sex I believe there are real energetic exchanges between partners that cannot happen during masturbation, biological responses which balance out the 'loss of energy' (physical as well) that occurs during orgasm. Sex is an exchange and an activity between two people, not one. What can you do though if you don't get any sex, but have the beginning physiological need to release tension caused by pent up unexpressed sexual energy? I think it's a never ending trap.. and if you don't release it in the time that is right and in the right way will you be physiologically and mentally disturbed for the rest of your life? wasn't it Freud or something that linked a lot of mental disturbances to sexual disturbances? Sexual disturbances can also be linked to many other things, but that's not the point here.

Do you believe that masturbation is unhealthy and unnatural, and goes against your biology?

Uh... you find it "messed up" that some religious belief which all the science proves to be baseless "is not really recognized in the medical community"? The medical community deals in facts, not faith. How long people actually live and what illnesses they actually get determines the medical value of anything, and no amount of religion can ever change recorded history.

You can't split the difference between rational and irrational positions and call that fair. If you assert that there's a pink unicorn in the room and I assert there isn't, that doesn't mean there's half a pink unicorn.

During real sex I believe there are real energetic exchanges between partners

Magic undetectable "energy"... right. And sickness is caused by an imbalance of the four humours. Let's go back to the dark ages, they were fun. Anyone for bubonic plague?

I would not be at all surprised if medical evidence said sex was better for health than masturbation (I'm not bothering to google it though), but the evidence is extremely clear that masturbation isn't harmful compared to nothing, and there's a growing body of evidence suggesting it's helpful in fighting prostate cancer.

o you believe that masturbation is unhealthy and unnatural, and goes against your biology?

Unnatural? Something that all sorts of species do regularly is against biology? That's an incoherent charge.

no1

Banned
i dont even know why I made this thread. actually I wasn't referring to anything 'magical', not just solely 'non physical energy'.

Thelema

Science has dissproved all of that old guilt ridden fear mongering. You're just freaking yourself out over nothing (the exact same way social phobia does)

no1 said:
i dont even know why I made this thread. actually I wasn't referring to anything 'magical', not just solely 'non physical energy'.

"Non-physical energy" is certainly magic. All real energy is physical. And any physical energy can be measured, so we know when it's there, we don't believe in it. Feel free to hook up a voltmeter while you have sex, you're not going to see anything.

NormanBates

Masturbation is just sex minus one..
better enjoy sex while you're still youngish?
No need to worry about being a sex addict unless you masturbate 20 times in one day.
If you do this, you are probably more a visitor of a different kind of website then SPW

Krellian

Masturbation can be healthy only if it combines with normal sexual life, otherwise, it's unhealthy and unnatural, and leads to more psychological problems.