Magic Mushrooms

meme

I've heard that psilocybin in magic mushrooms helps with ocd. ive read that symptoms can remain dormant for months. im a little reluctant to try this as im anxious in general so im afraid that my anxiety will induce a bad trip.

anyone with experience in this area?

fuz

Hey hows it going?? There is some truth to this.
Ive only done shrooms a couple of times so im no expert on this by any means.

But it really lets your brain think in a diffrent sense, you really truely realize life and the facts of life to the lowest denominator. You see it for how it truely is.

I did acid once, wouldnt recomend trying it. although i did it at 1 in the morning all drunk (not a good idea, seeing as trips last up to 12 hours)But about 5 hours threw thoughts of my life just kept running through my head. And it might have been the first time in my life truely realizing that OCD has really dominated my life and realizing that all the stuff id worry about was all bullshit. You really truely understand that, where as before there was always that doubt due to ocd.

Now its not to say it really helps cause afterwards your mind can be more warped and even more suspectable of thinking fucked up things but it can really give you the motivation to beat it.

I know acids not the same thing, but on those drugs ocd is never factor and u usaly realize its bullshit.

Im telling you all OCD really is the biggest bullshit thing out there. i dont mean bullshit as in it dosent exist cause ive been rock bottom because of it for most of my life prior to a year and half ago. But i mean bullshit as in it dosent mean anything, just practice not listening to it (it is possible). When you have spikes just donttttttttttttt dwell on it, say whatever and just not think about even though its extremely hard to do, it is absolutely doable. Just stay ocupied, always ocupied, thats the answer.

fuz

oh and yeah, anxiety can possibly lead to a bad trip..
My sugestion would be having a nice beer buzz when you do em, it really takes that edge off. And if its your first time dont do too much, id say no more then 2 grams. Just to see if you like them.

paulmm

i was a hallucinogen enthusiast for a while and I still encourage people to try them, though after a bad trip I am not so enthusiastic about them

i have OCD, social phobia, mild BDD, very mild depression (except during winter)
i have severe personality shortcomings, etc

so aside from being fullblown borderline, schizophrenic, catatonic depressed, or bipolar, i do have my fair share emotional and psychological quirks

i am also a psych major and i am FASCINATED and well-read with all topics on psychology, especially psychopathology and psychopharmacology

anyway, my OCD has always been burdensome and I tried shrooms for the first time about a year ago

i was nervous about trying them, but they ended up being more mild than i expected. i kept doing them for a while, not noticing that they had an effect on my OCD. during a hallucinogen hiatus, i read that shrooms/acid/mescaline/ibogaine and other triptamines and psychedelics can be very beneficial to moderate psychological disorders, especially ones based on compulsive behavior

anyway, i did shrooms again, 2 grams of a strong batch, and right at the beginning, my obsesions began to creep up on me, so i embraced them for the first time ever, talked myself through them, and the rest of the trip was a peace of cake, free of ocd.

my ocd returned the next day, though

i did acid a little while after this, and though i still got a few symptoms of ocd, i found that i was able to face my obsessions head on and not do any compulsions

i did shrooms recently, 3.5 grams, and i freaked out, had a bad trip

id say stick to low doses and very slowly increase if you want to - just remember you took a drug if you start to get scared

paulmm

shrooms, but be careful

a lot of people (myself included) grow to believe that if they can handle acid, they can handle ANY amount of shrooms

the only reason shrooms should come first is because the hallucinations are less intense, and the trip lasts half as long

both drugs are VERY similar to one another, chemically and effects

i have never (knock on wood) had a bad trip on acid, but ive had a terrible trip on shrooms

get all the info you can and make the decision yourself

sosantney

Neither. I am a recovering drug addict that suffers from OCD. I used opiates in order to stop my Obsessive thinking. I know that saying neither is kinda of a unrealistic answer for someone who is searching for a solution, especially someone with OCD, who probably won't let it go. But, from my experience, eating mushrooms probably better then eating acid since its more likely to have a happy trip, like any drug, it's only TEMPORARILY. You will get some real insight on your behaviors, but it can also trigger you to be more anxious about your behaviors because I think tripping really exemplifys the idea on control and fear, and when your tripping you won't know what real, because ITS NOT REAL! Yes it real, but you also gotta remember the next day, the next week, your emotionally intensity towards an issue won't be the same. Just because you recognize something, doesn't mean it justs automatically will changes. Takes consistency and work. I think it does give you insight, but it may work against you instead of benefiting you, and you gotta consider the odds.