lying about yourself and ur life

MariahCarey

last week i had half term from my school and basically did sweet FA in my holiday, so when i came back to school n ppl asked me wot i did in my holz i said i "went to japan". lol and they were all like "omg seriously? i wish i could go there" and all that....

does any1 here lie about themselves so that they wont seem like such a loser?

IronMaidenRockess

No

I just be myself and if people find me boring, then thats their problem LOL. Plus I never had anyone to talk to like that anyway, but I wouldnt lie and say I did something if I didnt.

stardog

MariahCarey said:
last week i had half term from my school and basically did sweet FA in my holiday, so when i came back to school n ppl asked me wot i did in my holz i said i "went to japan". lol and they were all like "omg seriously? i wish i could go there" and all that....

lmao! how random! :lol:

newshyguy

im not gona deny it, ( which would be lying lol)

yea i had a long time ago but then i learned that lying doesnt get u anywhere, is just a quick escape from reality and the truth.

Septor

Oh yea I did that lot when I was younger because I was so afraid some one would find out about my problems.I don't do that any more because lies have a way of snowballing out of control and I always felt guilty about it.

Moonie

I do fun little white lies. If I put clothing on hold at stores I lie about my name, Ava, Elizabeth, and so forth! Nothing major.

Quixote

I never lie in order to gain a social advantage. I think if you do it you are at risk of losing some self esteem, because you will not feel appreciated for your true self but for your fake one, which will make you doubt your true self is worth anything.
Besides, chronic lying can be very difficult to keep up with, I have known people who did lie very frequently to make themselves more interesting and after some time everybody knew and expected them to lie whatever they said.

I think lying can be acceptable only when it is done in a very limited way in order to cope with a potentially humiliating situation, to preserve a minimum of dignity. For example, asked during a casual conversation about what I normally do with friends on weekends, I might tell a couple of things that I do, without specifying if I do them alone, thus implying that I do them in the company of friends. That is a minor lie in a way, but a necessary one since it would not be appropriate, in most cases, to start explaining that I have almost no friends at all.

Iv done basically what you did, although not quite as outrageous :p

However if I lie, Im careful to make sure its plausible and integrates into mylife, so basically no-one can ever find out (or its unlikely they will).

cLavain

Another aspect of habitually lying is that you have to keep track of what you told whom. Rule number one: Keep it simple.