Love

LonelyGuy48

Anyone been in love, whilst being agoraphobic, or having social phobia?

Like, with someone online, or in any circumstamce really?

I have. It is incredbily frustrating. You know that there is little you can do about it. You cannot go and meet this person. Hell, you can't get out of the house easily, let alone hop on a plane or a train or whatever.
Loneliness lead me to fall in love with someone online. I wanted to meet her. I tried but failed. It was supid really, how I ever believed I could meet her.
I still love her now, but it is so so painful. Love hurts. It is very very true.
My emotions are all messed up.
I know I have to say goodbye. I can't stay friends. She has already found somebody else anyway.
Why is life like this?

Emmmmy

Yes, although not online - all through my teens I'd pick someone unattainable to me and, I believe, fall in love. I'd be far too shy to make anything happen.

Looking back, maybe I picked someone I couldn't have subconsciously so I wouldn't have to act on the feeling.

I know people would tell me I was obsessive and mad if I told them how I felt about the person, but it really felt like love.

Maybe what I'm talking about is more remote a feeling than you are experiencing with this lady. :( Hope you can feel better about it soon, I can imagine it'll be hard to stop thinking about it.

I was lucky enough to have a long-distance girlfriend when I was 16. We'd talk over msn and I absolutely loved this girl! I NEVER stopped thinking about her (and when I say never I mean NEVER). It was the greatest feeling in the world, and I'm willing to wait another ten years if that's how long it takes to be in love again!!!

And by the way I'm sorry about your situation. I know what it's like to at least really like a girl and not have her feel the same way...sucks...

Kien

Why would SA or anything preven falling in love?? Anyway I happend to fall in love a bit with a girl who lived on another continent. It stoped when I happend to see another girl but in real life.

Ubersonic

I've been infatuated, obsessed, and in lust, but never in love. I was taught that true love is something you choose, and that those crush feelings are just your hormones.

LonelyGuy48

RiiyaX said:
If it helps, she probably isn't anything like you've imagined her to be in person.

The last time I had a serious crush I was 18. I have better control of my emotions now and I doubt it'll ever happen again.

You're right. Just overnight, I've come to the conclusion she is the most insensitive, uncaring, cold hearted woman I have ever known!
I've known her for 2 years.
It is time to move on.

However, I MYSELF have been very immature here. I am not 18, not even anywhere near it! I think I have a behavioural problem on top of other things.
Seeing my GP tomorrow so will mention it then...

LonelyGuy48

jeez - whoever edited things on here has made thing 20 times worse!

I can see i have a PM but can't damn find it now!

LonelyGuy48

Where the hell did my private messages go????!!!

Whoever changed this forum has messed it up!

Ok - found it, tucked away in the RH corner - but why did i receive an email saying i had a new message, and there isn't one there? lol

Now I'm getting emails saying someone has replied to a post I've made, when I haven't!

Still happening!

Now i'm being told I have 2 new private messages, but when I click on it, they aren't there!!
Pity no one chooses to answer these points!

Last edited:

StuckGirl

Yes. I had to meet him in the end as I was falling for him , I told him where I lived and he came
straight away at 3 am one autumn evening. We parted in Dec due to my
refusal to tackle any of my problems(and I have lots) Guess he is happy with someone
normal now. I miss him , it was good having a man in my life for 4 years. Shame he hates me and i'll never see him again. He saved me in a way

Chrysalis

Never been in love, but have heard it's life changing :p

....and apparently you definately know when you are in love :)

Might be pretty difficult to find someone who would accept wholeheartedly one as they are I think....but then, that's the ever-elusive goal isn't it?

:)

lettypagb

yeahs , a long time ago when i was a kid ,that is actually one of the causes of my sa, the doctor told me that repressed sexuality can caue sa. it was gay and everything , so was a long time ago like a said.

SalemEdgerton1

I've been infatuated many times before, but never truly in love. The one date I went on didn't exactly go all that well.

I totally know what you mean. The same thing happened to me, especially since she would flirt with me online all the time, but I'm just glad I can be friends with her and am okay with that.

Life is all about trial and error. It seems to suck a lot but it also can be really awesome sometimes. Those times are the times that make all the crap and frustration worth it, at least that's how I feel. The few friends I have stick with me despite the frustration I'm sure I cause them and it's those few people that I love and value above all else. I believe that the same can be said for a serious girlfriend/boyfriend. This is a stupid cliche but you have to put your neck out sometimes in order to get what you want. It may take time to do that but it's worth the time and effort to do it.