looking for a nice man who i can laugh about this with

suzycello

hello everyone im new and i shall give you a rant to explain my situation.right i used to come on here just to look (like 4 years ago) as when i looked at it i felt so depressed admiting to myself that i actually had this problem so i never posted but now im doing CBT and trying to take action with my life rather than moaning and giving into misery and denial.i work as a drama technician meaning i interact with children and adults and i used to do drama loads and even happily take leading roles.since 17 however i have developed social phobia meaning i go red when someone says anything without my make up on liek it could even be "how are you today" and id go red...hilarious and then it developed into sweating.anyway i know u dont wana hear all of this but i feel i dont want to be in denial and just find a guy with a silly sense of humour that i can laugh about this with because really thats the best way to see it .never thought id be on a forum begging for a man but who the hell cares as clearly we all need to live on our own island and make more strange children then wel all be the same woooo.

this is basically a sum up of me if anyone else feels the same about this crazy disease we have get in touch

i like the theatre, art,vintage clothes,vintage people,fashion crafts,people that have the ability to always be silly and immature,80s music,opinionated people,small dogs,80s dancing,footloose,alan partridge,family guy,the colour green ra dee ra ra.the end

Hi there, fellow SA/blusher here. I want to say good on you for getting into the CBT - be honest with yourself and it will help. The very act of understanding that the solution is lots of hard head work is crucial, I believe. Still, you sound like you're halfway there, many people here are still chasing the miracle cure pills.

Don't seek to segregate yourself, either with a man or an island colony. They'll just offer you protection from the outside world - as appealing as that sounds, it's the opposite of what you need. But do look for intelligent, sensitive people wherever you go - they are out there (and in here) and will see through your difficulties. The rest will come naturally.

cptkoi

BennyFingers said:
Hi there, fellow SA/blusher here. I want to say good on you for getting into the CBT - be honest with yourself and it will help. The very act of understanding that the solution is lots of hard head work is crucial, I believe. Still, you sound like you're halfway there, many people here are still chasing the miracle cure pills.

Don't seek to segregate yourself, either with a man or an island colony. They'll just offer you protection from the outside world - as appealing as that sounds, it's the opposite of what you need. But do look for intelligent, sensitive people wherever you go - they are out there (and in here) and will see through your difficulties. The rest will come naturally.

Have to agree with Benny, we all need a positive word every now and again and thats cool but if we come to depend on it from one person while looking for the cure/fix, will we ever find it and what happens when that person isnt there anymore?

Keep smiling :)