Long Day

IDK94657

So I decided that since I'm not doing anything that me and my father would head over to a local Pizza Hut and eat for lunch. I knew the consequences so I drove a car that wouldn't matter if I ended up having problems. I ate and used the bathroom without resolve, but when I got back into my home town I had to stop by a McDonald's and use the bathroom.

Needless to say, I take forever so I needed no one to enter the bathroom, plus I had to wash my hands in a tiny sink. Well, a guy and his daughter enter and leave twice, with me standing at the sink which is drenched and covered in soap. My arms are soaped halfway up, and I'm sitting there feeling like a tool.

I finish, and use my shirt to open the door because the freaking paper towel dispenser isn't working. So now I'm driving around and feeling unclean, but I end up driving for probably another hour. And at this time, I begin to sweat and feel the need for a change of shirts.

Just another rough day. ::(:

I understand how u feel... but u must dight it.. try onve(if ur under meds, cuz it's much easier) to not wash ur hands again and agian.. I know u don;t know how much is sufficent cuz of ur urge.. 10 seconds is enoguh.. try it a coupkle of times.,.. touch ur face atfterwards, ur mouth.. and try not to wash it.. if u want to get rid of this s*** please take my advise.. but try with small things and ask ur therapist of course... :)

krfoss

I agree with chained, try washing for a preset amount of time, 10 seconds is more than enough, then leave regardless of the amount of anxiety caused by not "finishing." Keep going with this and the amount of distress it causes you should reduce after practice. Chained also brings up a good point, are you working with a therapist on your OCD?

IDK94657

I've tried the whole process of just getting it over with and telling myself, "This should be more than enough." It's worked a few times.

I went to the doctor and they are worried about my kidneys. I think I'll be fine, but they want to take urine samples and blood samples and make sure I'm okay.