Lonely

Littlewilly

I have never been married or had a girlfriend basically I have been very shy all my life & have suffered Social Anxiety/Phobia or GAD as a whole probably due to past experiences like Bullying & Teasing etc.
I have had crushes on females over the years though but was too shy to approach them at the time. I am now in my 50's (Sigh):sad::crying:

P.S :-Also Posted on Experience Project/SAUK somewhere.

ImNotMyIllness

So sorry to hear that! You won't meet anyone until you take a risk. Online is one option. Women closer to your age bracket will be more receptive. Don't be too discouraged. Just put yourself out there.

planemo

Loneliness can be tough. I can relate to your story. I'm getting closer to 30, and i've had no relationship experience whatsoever. i've just given up on finding a woman to love. my problem is that i've had feelings for females before, but i've no confidence that they would ever have feelings for me. that's the end of it, and somehow i can't be convinced otherwise.

but it's never too late to find someone and i hope in time you can.

Everyone has a different perspective on lonliness. And I respect like all of them. I've felt the same about relationships and I was bummed out for a couple of years. A 24 year old virgin. Not attractive. Personality wedged behind a door. But believe me...you're free and you don't know it. Just look at other relationships without those romantic notions in your head from inexperience. You'll see it doesn't take a lover to be human. Besides, it is possible to be lonely in a relationship. Loneliness to the second power. Don't force it and don't look for it. It's natural. What's unnatural is being in a relationship where you're miserable. You're free to do what you want. To get over your SA. To control your SA. To construct yourself (because I don't believe in the whole "find yourself" thing). But if you do believe in it then go ahead as well. Just don't think about this too much.