Linking things together to figure this thing out

HHvictim

i've accepted nothing out there o/c will help me.. my sweating is just that severe.

so now if i can't take, apply, or meditate out of it.. i have to figure out what triggers it. ive been studying myself for years now and have found that uncomfortable situations cause heavy sweating (ie. speaking with my clients, visiting family, going shopping, going out with friends, ect.) but isn't that the same for everyone, it just depends on how much you sweat.. i sweat ALOT i'd same on average there is a 6inch circle of sweat on my shirts DAILY! i do what everyone else does on this site.. wear black and white shirts to hide it, bring sweater or hoodies everywhere i go, blast the a/c even if i'm freezing.

This is what i'm starting to link together..
when i sleep i am unbelievable warm.. i radiate heat.. enough for two people easy. on those days i'm a sweaty mess in the AM (yes, even after my shower and morning routine of getting ready and waiting until the last second to get dressed) is there something i can do about my body temperature? i find my hands and feet are often icicles while the rest of my body is warm and/or sweating. does that mean anything? (still looking in to that)

Also i've been noticing that when i eat i'm not sweating and after i eat i'm not sweating. but it comes back, the sweating, not as powerful tho. anyone else notice this about their HH?

well i'm off to the drug store to get more robinul!

Cato

Hi HHV,

Nothing over the counter even SORT of works for me either. I also have the cold hands and feet, as I imagine many of us HH sufferers do. I also radiate a TON of heat. My girlfriend can use me as a heater if it's cold. It's quite odd to have cold hands and a super warm everywhere else.

I agree with most doctors that us HH sufferers have overactive sympathetic nervous systems. My personal opinion is that it's probably genetic and not " caused " by anything per se. It seems that what happens when the sympathetic system is going nuts is that it's shuttling blood away from the extremities and into the vital organs. I suppose that's why our hands and feet are cold but our core parts are very, very warm.

Like you, I've done A LOT of research trying to piece everything together. It looks like our bodies are releasing way too much adrenalin, norepinephrine, and Acetylcholine. ( maybe others, I dunno )

Jezza

Hi there,

Yeah, same here, the sweating is particularly bad when I'm engaged in doing something (not necessarily human interaction, but also things like studying holding a book etc), when I'm waking up and when I transfer from outside to inside (or from a cold environment into a hotter environment).
Basically all the situations that anyone would sweat a little (mostly unnoticeable) but in my case it goes completely berserk. Also the rest of my body is oftentimes hot, sometimes uncomfortably so while my extremities are freezing...

Personally (here I'm starting to sound like a hypochondriac, but I reflected on that and I'm not imagining these things) some other symptoms I have are high blood pressure (repeatedly measured), dry mouth (even without meds), sometimes abdominal pain (left flank/lower belly), acid reflux and back pains. Basically all the things that come with hyperthyroidism or pheochromocytoma really. Problem is I definitely haven't got pheochromocytoma (test came back negative twice, so I have no choice but to believe it) and although thyroid function tests have shown irregularities (2 out of 2 times) they point towards developing hypothyroidism more than hyperthyroidism (which the docs agree would be really weird though with the undeniable high BP and sweating).

Still, I think that so many people all over the world from different races and different diets have exactly the same symptoms, that it must be some hormonal issue. Maybe some hormone that is not yet idetified (which would not be very encouraging btw) or maybe something like hypercalcemia or hypernatreamia, both of which play important roles in nerve signaling...