life

az565

Hello my name is ant.I have a scare on the side of my head were no hair grows.I wear caps alot of the time to cover it up.I just want to have normal hair like everyone else.I become very depressed went i think about it.I am only 20 years old.I though about a hair transplant but i can not afford it.What can i do?

Anonymous

Hi Ant

:idea: You could consider doing what my 26 yr. old son does. He lost the hair on top on his head prematurely, when he was in his teens. He keeps what he has left shaved off so he is entirely bald and he wears sporty-stylish headbands (like sweatbands) :roll: (usually handkercheif type cotton he folds into shape & ties) I think he looks very attractive, & alot of others must consider him to be very "stylin" 8) " or "IN" too, he has a lot of friends/girlfriends. :wink:

az565

tootlelu

Thanks for trying to help tootlelu but shaving my head is not an option for me.

Jess333

Two options:

1. Make a goal to work as hard as you can to save up the money for the hair transplant and get the transplant done. I'm sorry to hear that it has been a burden for you.

2. Make peace with it, accept it as part of you and work on feeling comfortable with it.

But for such a simple situation, you could just get the operation and get it fixed! it's not mental, it's physical, so consider yourself lucky!

I personally would go with option 1. :D I would work and save money until I could afford it. You're 20, you can work.

Anonymous

another option?

Sorry I wasn't any help, Ant. :(

Do you like your hair syle short, or long? If you could live with a much shorter style, the scar probably wouldn't be as noticeable... how about a tattoo? Maybe you could do/have something done temporarily to see how you like it/ how it goes over?

Don't feel like a loner... I have a longggg narrow face and and longggg nose, and up until a few months ago, I had a disgusting wart on my chin! I am convinced my roots go back to Salem, MS. And it spites me that I can even do a PERFECT "cackle", even if I try to mess it up! :cry:

I know it's hard to deal with Ant, but HONEST, it could be worse!

Best wishes!

neddy

Ant if it worries you that much I would have the operation otherwise change your hair stlye so that it isnt so noticeable. I have known a few people who have had scars on their faces, one had one on his neck as he had an accident at work. It looked someone had cut this throat. Thats how big it was but it never worried him. His attitude was there are alot of people out there that are alot worse off than me. You should feel comfortable with the way you are as everyone has got things they don't like about themselves but some are more noticeable than others. We all have our faults but if losing the scar makes you feel better than use that as a goal to aim for. All the best