Lies lies lies !!!

My relationship with my friends is on thin ice. This ice is so thin its gonna break soon if I keep lying to them. Tonight I cancel on 3 different people...... 2 of my best friends and a girl that I like. I'm listening way to much to what my S.A. has to say. It's literally dictating what I do and especially what I don't do. Tonight I decided that at least once this week I am going wake up and "turn off" that part of my brain that impairs me. Wow......... I can't believe I'm staying home tonight ON A SATURDAY. What in the fudge is wrong with me !

Last edited:

forksandspoons

Ive been there done that. Unfortunately, my SA ultimately defeated me. I used to go out every weekend night, now, that just wouldn't happen. Ive been isolating myself and avoiding doing social things for about a year now. My relationship with friends has suffered as a result. There is no easy answer to what you are describing. Believe me though, isolating yourself is the worst thing you can do, though I know how hard it can be to go out.

Explain to one of your best, most understanding friends what you are going through. I did this and it put a band-aid on my friendships. They are truly my friends, and haven't ditched me despite not being very active. But if you keep lying and blowing them off, they will think that you hate them.

Try and ease your way back in with them. Don't do anything too large scale that will make you feel extremely uncomfortable (like a party or something) Try and build up to those types of things, by doing something that makes you just a little bit uncomfortable, and moving up to the harder things. I hope this helps.

da_illest101

My relationship with my friends is on thin ice. This ice is so thin its gonna break soon if I keep lying to them. Tonight I cancel on 3 different people...... 2 of my best friends and a girl that I like. I'm listening way to much to what my S.A. has to say. It's literally dictating what I do and especially what I don't do. Tonight I decided that at least once this week I am going wake up and "turn off" that part of my brain that impairs me. Wow......... I can't believe I'm staying home tonight ON A SATURDAY. What in the fudge is wrong with me !

if that makes you feel any better i rarely do something on a saturday night or any night for that matter

Bustn Justin

Just be honest with your buddies about your SA and slowly get back to doing social events with them.

When I came and told my friend about my SA after he took me out to a party he had a better understanding why I was not 'feeling' it.

Ive been there done that. Unfortunately, my SA ultimately defeated me. I used to go out every weekend night, now, that just wouldn't happen. Ive been isolating myself and avoiding doing social things for about a year now. My relationship with friends has suffered as a result. There is no easy answer to what you are describing. Believe me though, isolating yourself is the worst thing you can do, though I know how hard it can be to go out.

Explain to one of your best, most understanding friends what you are going through. I did this and it put a band-aid on my friendships. They are truly my friends, and haven't ditched me despite not being very active. But if you keep lying and blowing them off, they will think that you hate them.

Try and ease your way back in with them. Don't do anything too large scale that will make you feel extremely uncomfortable (like a party or something) Try and build up to those types of things, by doing something that makes you just a little bit uncomfortable, and moving up to the harder things. I hope this helps.

:cool::cool::cool::cool: