Let's do it.

Tryin

Hi darlings. First, I send much love and support to each and every of you. (Wow, look what a sweet sentimental state of mind Sue's in :) ) I've been thinking... why don't we all start (slowly) moving on? Actually, I am sure we are all constantly progressing, in a way, even when we think we are completely stuck. So let's start sharing our everyday huge little successes. Yes, believe me, you HAVE made a progress today. Learned something, managed something, realized something. So go ahead and share it with us, sweetie.

I love you all (oh shut up, you dewy-eyed namby-pamby, you).
You are true heroes.

Stubbornly tryin'
Yours Sue

Tryin

Okay, let me be the first one... so, today I, um, I made quite lot of social contact today. Been out for a cuppa with two friends of mine (yes, look at me, I HAVE friends after all, really I do). It was not such a big deal, though. And oh, I also made an appointment with a hairdresser. Really excited to get a new cut.

maggie

Tryin said:
Okay, let me be the first one... so, today I, um, I made quite lot of social contact today. Been out for a cuppa with two friends of mine (yes, look at me, I HAVE friends after all, really I do). It was not such a big deal, though. And oh, I also made an appointment with a hairdresser. Really excited to get a new cut.
i like your positive post! Today, i went for a round of tests my doctor ordered many months ago :oops: , for a physical..and i've just been too chicken to walk in the door and do it..not really scared of the tests themselves, but the walking in part, registering..bah..but once i was there, it was no big deal, as usual :wink:

missquiet

might not seem like a big thing but today i said "hi" to someone in class which i never do and i usually wait until most people have left the class before handing in my test paper.. but today i didn't. woot.

pookie

today i told a joke!! there were only 2 people in the room, but it was something. They thought it was funny!!

Tryin

I've finished some work today I've been doing for quite some time... Feels good. :) What about you, darlings? Come in and share.

eggbe4thechicken

It is a very small thing, but I have become generally quite confident at posting in forums. I post on CSIfiles, and sometimes I am quite intimidated by the people in there, because they always have really great insight, etc, but recently I have just started posting, and I have been able to reply, etc. Also people recognise me when I go to other threads!
So that has made me happy.
It's only small, but it's a step, right.

Ooh, another thing. I have this thing about being really uncomfortable about going into people personal space. Brushing past, etc. On friday this guy I work with was sitting down in front of a book that I needed to get. I sat at my desk for a while debating what to do, but in the end I just asked him if I could get it, and I leaned in front of him, right in front of him! 8O

Now I have got going I can think of quite a few things!
At my violin lesson yesterday morning, my v teacher (male) always stands really close to me when he writes on the music, etc, but yesterday I didn't step away, I just waited until he had finished. It bothers me what people think when I step away from them, I don't want to offend them or anything, it's just something that I can't help doing I guess. He smells really good I found out! :lol:

So that is it, only little things to most people, but they are huge for me. :roll:

Tryin

eggbe4thechicken said:
It is a very small thing, but I have become generally quite confident at posting in forums. I post on CSIfiles, and sometimes I am quite intimidated by the people in there, because they always have really great insight, etc, but recently I have just started posting, and I have been able to reply, etc. Also people recognise me when I go to other threads!
So that has made me happy.
It's only small, but it's a step, right.

Ooh, another thing. I have this thing about being really uncomfortable about going into people personal space. Brushing past, etc. On friday this guy I work with was sitting down in front of a book that I needed to get. I sat at my desk for a while debating what to do, but in the end I just asked him if I could get it, and I leaned in front of him, right in front of him! 8O

Now I have got going I can think of quite a few things!
At my violin lesson yesterday morning, my v teacher (male) always stands really close to me when he writes on the music, etc, but yesterday I didn't step away, I just waited until he had finished. It bothers me what people think when I step away from them, I don't want to offend them or anything, it's just something that I can't help doing I guess. He smells really good I found out! :lol:

So that is it, only little things to most people, but they are huge for me. :roll:

So wonderful to read this, EggBe4TheChicken (cool nick, BTW 8) ). Yes, I can see how huge can a little thing be. I didn't do so well with this closeness to people today (one of my classmates, a sweet girl I love very much, wanted to hug me... and I backed in panic, for god's sake!). But I am okay with it, and that's my today's achievement. Although I still do stupid things, I am starting to be able to survive it alright. Accepting my mistakes and moving on straight away instead of falling out for long hours, getting depressed thinking about what I did and what other people probably thinked and blah blah blah. Big deal.

Take care, sweeties, and come tell us what great you did today.
S.

eggbe4thechicken

^I'm sorry if this is out of line for asking, but have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
The, umm, 'contact' that that would involve is quite worrying, if you catch my drift? :roll:

Tryin

eggbe4thechicken said:
^I'm sorry if this is out of line for asking, but have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend?
The, umm, 'contact' that that would involve is quite worrying, if you catch my drift? :roll:

I never had a serious boyfriend and yes I'm afraid it could be a problem. Few weeks ago I went out several times with this boy (didn't feel attracted to him, really) and I felt pretty uncomfortable everytime he tried to touch me (like holding hands and stuff like that). Praise god he's quite shy so he didn't try too much :roll: Hope I'll be able deal with it when I find somebody I will like. Right now I have hard time imaginig having sexual contact of any kind with anybody. Sigh. What about you?

And to my today's victories: I talked to my dad (we don't get on very well) without any of us getting angry.

eggbe4thechicken

Tryin said:
eggbe4thechicken said:

I never had a serious boyfriend and yes I'm afraid it could be a problem. Few weeks ago I went out several times with this boy (didn't feel attracted to him, really) and I felt pretty uncomfortable everytime he tried to touch me (like holding hands and stuff like that). Praise god he's quite shy so he didn't try too much :roll: Hope I'll be able deal with it when I find somebody I will like. Right now I have hard time imaginig having sexual contact of any kind with anybody. Sigh. What about you?

And to my today's victories: I talked to my dad (we don't get on very well) without any of us getting angry.
Yeah. I've never had a boyfriend either. No one has ever asked me out. I would have no idea what to do. That worries me.
Good one about your dad :) I had to go and see my head of year today. She just had to ask me a few questions about exams, but I thought she was going to ask about me! Had a conversation with her a while ago about things, and I have been skipping a few lessons recently, not as bad as some people, but I thought it was going to be about that. Totally freaked out! It was all ok though in the end. :)

Tryin

Hey, I encourage everybody to post their recent achievements. It feels so nice, doesn't it?
:wink:

So, I.. I got up early and took a long jog this mornig and I practised my guitar playing (I am slowly getting better in both sport and art, which is great and really helps my confidence).

What about you, people?

Thelema

I wore the weirdest thing today. A nice new dress shirt I got today. A pair of pants that were so ripped and worn I used them for painting my boat and cut them in to shorts. I cut them uneven on purpose hehe. And I ran to the store in my running shoes. I didn't go in of course...made my mom go in. I was going for the athletic/dress/tattered old clothes look :lol: thats the style now ya know? :lol:

I don't think I give a flying fudge how I look to people as long as I don't have to interact with them. I'll wear nice new clothes one day, even if I don't get out of the car, and on other days I'll wear shorts and a tank top. Except for girls, I want to look nice to them. Until I get a girlfriend, then I'll go back to not caring how I look to them again.

I wish it was this way with interacting with people. I would be one confident cool guy...maybe not cool in my torn pant shorts, dress shirt and running shoes :lol: