late 30s and lonely

steveg333

I'm pushing 40, chronically depressed since I was 16, never married and very few friends. I live alone and work f/t. I have an ugly face so I hardly ever date and have only ever had 1 girlfriend for 4 months!-this situation is extremely PATHETIC!!! I'm finding it hard to make friends at this age, and the chronic singleness is tearing me up inside - I had always thought/hoped I would be married by 30-35. At this age it's also unlikely I can change my personality; I'm quiet, not antisocial but not outgoing.
Anyway, since it's very likely I will always be single, any advice for dealing with/accepting never marrying? I take Paxil 30mg, but it's not helping me be content/happy with being alone.

bimbo45

steveg333 said:
I'm pushing 40, chronically depressed since I was 16, never married and very few friends. I live alone and work f/t. I have an ugly face so I hardly ever date and have only ever had 1 girlfriend for 4 months!-this situation is extremely PATHETIC!!! I'm finding it hard to make friends at this age, and the chronic singleness is tearing me up inside - I had always thought/hoped I would be married by 30-35. At this age it's also unlikely I can change my personality; I'm quiet, not antisocial but not outgoing.
Anyway, since it's very likely I will always be single, any advice for dealing with/accepting never marrying? I take Paxil 30mg, but it's not helping me be content/happy with being alone.
Yes i am the same and it SUCKS and i am 47.

FlirtyandDirty

It is NEVER too late to make changes or change your personality. I am 45 and am not the woman I was two years ago. I have a future that I never dreamed possible. Anything is possible if you keep trying and reaching for what you want. It doesn't come easy and takes a lot of grit and determination, but it can be done.

Good luck!!!

SocialRetahd

steveg333 said:

30mg is not gonna make much of a dent. You need a to up the dosage or can I recommend switching to effexor?

nerdgirl178

Hello are you depressed because you have been alone all your life?
My uncle was in your situation. He ended taking up activities, such as learning new languages, travelling a bit, changed where he lived to a new city, this helped him with his depression and he eventually got a girlfriend. He is 43 now! There is always hope :lol: It's never ever too late :wink: