Just looking for help

I'm new here, I just want to know how to deal with this, because at this point, I can't deal with it anymore. About three weeks ago, I was driving home from work, I work nights so it was about 11 in the morning, out of nowhere I started feeling very light headed, the a heat wave went through me, it felt like the top of my head was burning, then I couldn't breath, felt like something was choking me, yet i was breathing fine. I couldn't calm down, I thought I was going to drop right there, so I pulled over, went to open the door to get out, figuring it'd be safer if I drop, I felt like I was going to die, after a minute or so it started washing off, so I decided to drive home, I had another episode on the way home, but it wasn't as bad, I was very scared and very freaked out. I was convinced I was going to die, I got home, sat on the couch and still felt very light headed, so I dragged my fiance to the ER with me, I saw the nurse right away, seeing as I had a hard time breathing, my blood pressure was fine, my pulse was fine, oxygen was going through me fine, my temperature was also normal. I waited for another hour or so, it was on and off, I didn't know what it was so I think I was making it worst.

The nurse had us sit in a room alone and I finally managed to calm down enough to stop hyperventilating, an hour or so later, we went home, because I couldn't miss work the next day and had to get some sleep, that whole week was like a dream, I was so scared it would happen again that i was constantly feeling light headed and questionning whether or not I was ok, on the thursday i went to a walk-in clinic, the doctor was a complete jerk, he started talking about heart attacks and how i was stupid to have walked out of the hospital and how if i had a heart attack it was my own fault and he made me burst into tears, i walked out of there with a prescription for ativan and after getting told I had to get checked out by a doctor at the hospital.

I went for another week almost, the way the healthcare system works here is hell, you will have to wait forever to actually see a doctor, then more delays for apointments etc, walk-in clinics are like the only way to see a doctor fast. My mother was getting worried about how I felt too, she sent me to a private clinic to get checked out and have bloodwork done. The doctor checked me out, said i was fine and asked me if I ever had a panic attack before, at that point I knew that's what it probably was, but I didn't wanna suggest it so I waited to see what he would say. I told him what the other doctor told me, about probably having a heart attack and he laughed, said my heart was fine, but suggested I pass an electro-cardiogram to reassure myself. The test turned out fine, nothing wrong with my heart, my blood sugar was a bit high at the time, but i had eaten an hour before, they asked me to come back for a blood test a few days later, all was good, nothing abnormal, everything was fine in both blood and urine samples.

This morning I woke up feeling fine, then about 2 hours later, i was sitting at the computer, reading the news online, as I do every morning, I started feeling light headed, so I got up and walked around, I was scared it was going to happen again, I took a pill and tried to relax, it helped, tonight we went to the mall, I started feeling really light headed again, like breathing was hard, but I was breathing fine, almost that feeling that when your lungs empty, they won't let you fill them up again.

I don't know how to deal with this, I've reduced my caffeine intake drastically, I would drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day, I'm down to about 3 cups a week, I haven't had an energy drink since the first attack, I've also reduced my sugar intake as well, made big efforts not to let things get to me, my fiance has been very supportive too, he suffers from anxiety attacks so he knows how I feel. I cry a lot, I just don't know how to deal with how I've been feeling and the fear of it happening again, I'm going back to work in three days and I'm scared of driving alone, I used to love driving, now I hate the thought of being alone in the car, yet public transport is a bad idea, I start work at 2 am, so it's not really safe.

Sorry for being so long winded, I just wanted to describe the situation as best as I could. Anyone has any suggestions ?

I forgot to mention something, after the first one, when I finally calmed down, we went to bed, my stomach started hurting really bad, it went away after spending about 30 minutes, rolled up in a ball on my bed.

welsh-tasha

hi just to let you know that you are not the only one. i to am new to this site but cant beleive that there are so many people out there with the same symtoms as when you are having them you feel like you are the only 1. i first started having mine when my daughter was born and thought i was dying so i got prescribed antidepresants called seroxat and stayed on them for 3 years and they worked amazing i could actually catch a bus and going shopping alone without fear but diddnt want to be on them all my life so weaned off them. ive been off them a year now and for the past three months have been having panic attacks again. i get really breathless, my chest gets tight,my throat feels like its closing and i get this weird feeling in my head which is hard to discribe. i heard that saint johns worts are good but as with normal antidepressions bring on theattacks to get rid of them and i cant cope with getting any worse than i already am. i have recently started a couse to work with kids and have to go twice a week for experance but freak out every timeas im just constantly thinking when am i gonna have a panick attack again. ive just really had enough and am finding it really hard as i have 2 children but find i cant do the things i want to cause im scared. please if you ever want to chat or you find anything thats worksplease feel freeto email me about it or just add me to your msn so we can chat. [/b]