Just dropping a line to say HI, newbie here... haha

flchick81

Alright here it goes Ive had this SAD junk since I was like 15 and I'm sick of it. But obviously I'm not just going to wake up tommorow and it's going to be gone. I'm sick of that feeling of fear that you get before going anywhere in a social situation, especially a job interview, ugh. Yeah this SAD is torcher it seems, considering you want to meet people but you don't know how to talk to them or your afraid of humiliation. My family still doesn't know I have this even though Ive told them I don't think they even understand but hell If I didnt have it I dont know if I would understand either. Alright well that's enough for now... haha I'm still trying to figure out how to use this site so If this was posted wrong sorry... haha

flchick81

Thanks

Well thanks, sounds like alot of people here have the same problems as me. I'm pretty much use to this social anxiety disorder junk Ive had it since I was 15 so about 11 yrs now. I just try to go out and not think about it, or act like I don't care. But that doesn't work always the best. :lol:

Tallman

Hi flchick,

I am near Destin in the panhandle. Are you anywhere near here? I have been trying to start a SAD group in the area, but cannot find anyone who admits to social anxiety. I have the Dr. Richards audio program from SAI.org and would like to follow that approach if I can find people interested. If I can't do it locally, I would like to try to do it online and have 4 of us at least considering it.

First are you are anyone else interested in a local group in the panhandle using CBT for social anxiety? Second: are you or anyone else interested in an online group for CBT for social anxiety?

Whatever your answer, good luck to you with your social anxiety. I have had it many more years than you. I hope that didn't sound like bragging, I am not proud of it, just want to get rid of it.

flchick81

No I'm actually in South Florida near West Palm, but if I was near there I would definitly think about it. I think a support group for S.A.D. is a great thing, I mean I'm sure alot more people out there have it and just don't say anything. I never heard of the Dr. Richards program I'll have to check it out someday. And what is CBT... sorry but I never heard of it. Well good luck with your group. Thanks