Just a few tips

kelz

I've had SP for over 15 years now and boy it aint' have a struggle, if only I had the confidence and strength that I have now back when it first started :roll:

So, I thought I would list my tips, they may help some, they may not, but here goes anyway:-

1. The blushing was the worst for me, unfortunately there are no drugs to cure this and I have found that the only cure is accepting the fact that you blush. When you feel yourself blushing in the middle of a conversation don't turnaway, look for an escape route, pretend you've dropped something, decide you need the toilet etc etc, no, carry on your conversation, say to your friends, bloody nora, having a hot flush here, before you know it, it will be over, the conversation will have carried on and your friends, if they are your friends won't think anything worse of you. The first few times is the hardest as you feel the heat taking over, but it does subside and eventually it gets easier and easier, I definitely do not blush as often and when I do, I acknoweldge it, people may have a wee laugh, but they soon get over it, i'm not ashamed in anyway, this is who I am and people either accept it or not, THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM, it is theirs, so sod them.

2. If you hate going on the bus, walking the street, cause you feel people are looking at you and laughing, wear a pair of sunshades one day and actually have a sly look out the side of your glasses and you will realise that the majority of people are not looking at you and the one's that are, it's just a natural instinct to look at someone who is walking by and not for any other reason but this, remember, you probably look at people more because you are paranoid and when you look at them, it's an instinct that they look back. Another thing is to listen to music, put your headphones on and this gives you something to occupy your mind. On the bus, if you feel your getting to that point where you feel people are watching you, take out a newspaper or book until the feeling subsides.

3.Try meditation, this helps calm the mind, helps you find out who you are and totally relaxes you.

4.Drink loads of water, the more dehydated you feel, the more stressed you can become due to heat and dehydration.

5.Learn to like yourself, this is the hardest part as we tend to blame ourselves or other people for how we are. If you do not like yourself how can you expect other people to. Take care of yourself, pamper yourself, get your hair cut, put on nice clothes, the better you feel about yourself, the more confident you will become and this will show. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you love yourself, write down your good points, never your bad points and tell yourself your good points in the mirror.

6.Lastly, remember, you have as much right as anyone else in this world to have as good a life as you can, when you are in conversation with someone who you feel intimitated by just picture them on the toilet, always works for me :lol: The key to conquering most of SP problems is confidence, you have to work on this and with time you do become more confident, unfortunately there are hills to climb and sometimes you will need to face your fears, when you have a bad day remember a good day that you have had and know that more of these good days will happen again and life really is a gift and worth living.

So, there you go, there's my drivel and I hope it may help someone on here. Take care and go get the tiger, rooooaaaar, 8)

x

Anonymous

I am no the same trail....

Great tips.

I am on the same trail as you it seems to help , but it is a slow process

Orlando

Hi, kelz!

Thanks for the tips. I have to work on drinking water during the day. I'm really lazy with that.

I agree with a lot of what you have written.
:)

Take Care! :wink:

Tris

Thank you for the post, it was great, im gonna try these things see if any of it works for me. : ) :)