just a few of my weird quirks

maggie

- I wear tinted glasses for distance, but wear them all the time when I go out, seem to create barrier between me and everyone else; 8) - have to really pshyche myself up to make a simple phone call, and get out of breath or something while talking, can't wait to get off the phone :? will not (under any circumstances) go into store alone, and will not use bank cards, only deal with cash, cause, what if card doesn't work, I couldn't handle the feelings of people watching, waiting!!! I will do anything to get out of family gathering, fake sick, whatever. The funny thing about that is I'm vegetarian, very healthy otherwise, so rarely get sick, but fake it if I have to :oops: --If I do go anywhere, I don't go around saying goodbye to people, can't stand all eyes on me, and what to say, so I just leave. Seems really rude and snobby, but it is just I feel uncomfortable. Anybody else feel this way??????????? 8O

Hamble

I get like that on the phone too. I avoid making any calls if I have to. I've lost a few friends because of this, because they assume I've lost interest in them and I cant explain.

As for family gatherings, my sister will be getting married soon and I'm dreading it as I'll be bridesmade (and also dreading the reception)....I almost want her to break up with her bf, which is so wrong :roll:

I used to dread shopping in stores but have talked myself into over coming that. That said, I still get that heart pounding dread when they swipe my card. I think everyone who isnt bill gates gets that. :roll:

Secret_Smile

Since therapy I've gotten better but I still have so much trouble calling people I don't know very well. Its a pain because I now have work experience interviews and student finance stuff to call people about. I get my Mum to do it for me a lot of the time. Friends I'm fine with calling.

I run out of classrooms if when I panic. I feel better when I've gotten away to sort myself out and if I make it back to class then I feel I can handle things better too(sounds weird I know)

I can't to into crowded shops on my own and if places get too busy I have to leave or go to a quiter place in the shop. I can't go into my college canteen for very long either.

I'm ok now with family gatherings. Talking to them more has helped a lot, especially these past few months. We had a family tradgedy and it's brought nearly all of us together. I can sit in a room with all of them now and feel moderately comfortable.

I hide behind my hair. If I'm in a place thats too crouded I put my head down and stare at the floor and my hair covers my face. I'm hidden.
Same with when I'm in class. I'll hide my face with my arm. I know it doesn't magically make me invisable but I get some comfort in doing it.

Chilling__Echo

I hide behind my hair. If I'm in a place thats too crouded I put my head down and stare at the floor and my hair covers my face. I'm hidden

Secret_Smile, i do the same, very rarely will i go out with my hair up and if i do it's because i'm not going somewhere new or where i know that something bad will happen! it's always in my face.

Secret_Smile

I love my haircut. Even if I tie it up, parts at the front still fall at my face. lol.
It makes me feel safer although sometimes it can draw people:
'Whats wrong? you look sad?' :roll:

unleashed

yep. hair over face. never make calls. dont like parties, especially arriving and leaving...dont wear shades cause my face weats and they fall off..only use cash. carry mobile phone around like a comforter..pretend to text if i see someone i recognise so that i look busy and they dont talk to me..

despise

i wish i could wear my hair over my face.... but i hate my hair...its so frizzy and curly and i need to chuck a whole lot of gel to make me look just a little sane. its red as well... such a great look for a girl who doesnt want to ever be the centre of attention!! :evil:

yelo

Quirks

Shades are my armour of choice. They cover the eyes which make me more confident to look at people in the face. Hate it when I have to lose them at the end of the day. At this point the phone takes over and does its sms thing. 8)

despise

shades/sunnys/glasses....they just dont suit me...really shits me..i'd love to hide behind them too. i think i'd be a better person with them on actually..but im too ashamed to wear them

despise

the one thing i get annoyed with this forum is the fact that being the person who last replied - my name just sits there...and it just wont go away!!...someone reply after me so it just disappears, please!

Secret_Smile

I can't wear sunglasses, they give me a headache.

I hate wearing my normal glasses though, because I've only had them a few months and only need them when I need to look at the boards at college, people don't see them very often. When they do they make a fuss. Its horrible.