Is this site beneficial to our anxiety?

On a side note, the first part of the word "an@logy" is censored? You've got to be kidding me :eek:mg:
never thought to use the @ for a - i've just used omission or swear-filter-bypassing using an * (the word i had trouble with was "an@lyse", and so i used either "an*lyse" or "anlyse", or could use "an_lyse" (not very elegant), or possibly use another a-like character in character set) ... aaah, the lengths one must sometimes go to.... lol

Ps: I did actually send a PM to the moderator about this very issue (the an*l word) just a few weeks ago .. and maybe also a year or so ago about same thing/word. If/when moderator will get around to fixing this bug i cannot say.

Remus

Staff member
Ps: I did actually send a PM to the moderator about this very issue (the an*l word) just a few weeks ago .. and maybe also a year or so ago about same thing/word. If/when moderator will get around to fixing this bug i cannot say.

And as I explained to you the moderators can do nothing, I told you the webmaster is the only one who controls the swear filter and to send him a PM.

Sorry - word mix-up. I meant webmaster.

--->
theslowesthand said:
Ps: I did actually send a PM to the webmaster about this very issue (the an*l word) just a few weeks ago .. and maybe also a year or so ago about same thing/word. If/when webmaster will get around to fixing this bug i cannot say

Capsaicin

I'm mostly inactive, but I haven't found this or any forum to be beneficial in and of themselves except for posted information.

I don't really ask for help on forums unless every single other person I could potentially ask can't be contacted or I've talked their ear off already. The best case scenario is that I get one or two stand-alone posts that are useful, some patronizing cliches, and some people saying how it's the same for them. That doesn't help very much, not like sitting down with someone and actually talking back-and-forth, genuinely listening and thinking, for an hour or two.

That's the only thing that's ever really made a difference, and it only comes from individuals who are personally interested in my well-being. No forum has or will ever sit with me for hours or for dozens of messages to give me original and insightful responses to my problems, exchange perspectives and ideas, or practice with me on Skype so that I can feel more confident.

Forums, more often than not, have just made me feel bad if I put too much time into them. The people I take away from them are occasionally good and more meaningful than a venting buddy, is all.

Last edited: