Is this possible: Anxiety-based palmar HH?

seekinghelp

Background: I am currently 22, and about 5~6 years ago, I sought treatment for my palmar HH for the first time. My doctor prescribed Drysol and some sort of anti-histamine. Both were ineffective. I assumed this was the way I am and I stopped treatments, not knowing the potential social effects it would have on my professional career down the road.

Today: I have visited a different dermatologist recently. He, too, prescribed Drysol and peri-actin (another anti-histamine). I told him that I've used these products before and were ineffective. Understandably, since he never treated me before, he wanted to go through his own process of helping patients with HH. If these two precriptions didn't work, then he said he would go straight to Botox because in his past experiences, ionto treatments were ineffective. I took these two medicines, during separate times, and I've noticed something VERY strange...

Why my HH is strange: The Drysol was fairly effective (I'm estimating 25% of my severe HH was reduced). However, the peri-actin was a little more effective by about 40%. Now, these reductions were when my HH was severe. My HH is most severe when I feel anxious about something and that could mean anything that I worry about. However, during the times I didn't worry about something, my hands were COMPLETELY DRY with the only exception is being in a cold room. Really cold environments, for whatever paradoxical reason, make me sweat.

Were these medications effective? Perhaps, but I believe they won't ever reach anything near 50+% reductions with my sweating. WHY? Because I truly, truly believe that my HH conditions are completely dependent (with the exception of cold rooms) on my anxiety levels. For instance, when I started typing this thread, my hands were dry. But as I continued to type, I became a little anxious--hoping that someone out there can relate to me and thus, the sweating started. During interviews, internally I can feel confident but just the smallest bit of anxiety will cause my hands to literally drip with sweat. Even sitting here, thinking about why my hands are not sweating causes me to start sweating.

So, all the medications and treatments out there maybe able to stop (albeit minimally) sweating physiologically. But in the end, I believe anxiety is the cause of my HH. It's the anxiety that I would have to treat, not the sweating. Does that make sense? (I do realize there are people who suffer from severe HH ALL the time. So regardless of cold rooms, interviews, anxiety, they simply sweat that much all the time. But in my case, the only times I do sweat excessively is when I feel anxious.)

Anyone out there feel the same?

sadday

hmmm....i am the opposite. i have really bad anxiety but my anxiety developed as a result of having hh. however, my sweating increases a lot when i worry but that's because i am always worried about sweating which in turn makes me sweat more. :?

if you feel you sweat from anxiety see a doctor who can prescribe you some anxiety meds. once your anxiety is under control if you are still sweating then perhaps that is not the cause.

chear15

Hi, I can relate, I am one to get pretty sweaty when playing sports and such throughout my body. When I am not playing a sport or doing excercise my hands and underarms are the main areas I sweat. When I am sitting in my room alone most of the time I won't even sweat. Sometimes even the moment I step out my door my hands start to sweat, then it gets worse if I am waiting in line at a restaraunt or such. I know my anxiety levels increase then because I can feel it in my body. When I think about it, it seems to get worse too. I really think mine is similar to yours because I can be with someone I am comfortable and relaxed with and be completely dry. Its strange, I too have used drysol, maxim with no success, they said I should get botox but don't really want to do that.

klamm76

hi seekinghelp,i will try to explain something that worked for a friend of my brother.he suffered for the same thing as me. sweaty hands and feet.but he felt just like you, anxios. so he took this healthsupply just too cool down his nerves.but strange he was not sweating anymore EITHER.when i heard about it i tryed it out for my self whith no effect at all.but good for him it worked.i didnt have high hopes either because i dont think its because of anxious i sweat..offcourse if i think about not to sweat in weddings,birthdays or something else whith lots of people and shaking hands.YES then i sweat just more,but i can sweat at home if it is too hot.always the first place i sweat, is in my hands and feet at the same time.
so i think in my case,my symphatic nervesystem is in a to high level all the time for no reason,and small things will make me sweat.my nervesystem just goes "wild" a lot.
anyway,the product name in norway is NERVIDIX and it is just made of vitamins,minerals and herbs.so its natural supply for the body.it has b-1 to b-6 and b-12 vitamins.and minerals is kalium 50mg(think its potassium in english) ,sink,and magnesium 50mg and lots of differents herbs..and some small minor things..... i have heard that magnesium is good for the nervesytem so i think magnesium is important here.
dont know if it works for you, just a small tip.it worked for my brothers friend and he had it for many years,and it was gone after one week whith this,and it still is.he has taken it for a couple of months now.
maybe there is a simular product where you come from,so you can try it out. i will not get your hopes to high up here,but i know how terribale this plantar and palmar HH is. and if i can help 1 person in here because of my tip.maybe someone, ONE day can do the same for me.......