Is this part of the disorder?

Awkwardgirl

Hi!

Haven't posted in a while but,i was wondering if anyone else has an evil person living inside their head constantly putting you down.everytime i'm around people as soon as i turn my back I hear voices saying....Thier talking about you,when i leave the room-their laughing about you and when i walk by thier watching you etc .... i can never be confident around people no matter how hard i try and this goes on until i'm back at home.I'm so sick of living this way and this negative talk has been going on inside my head ever since i can remember and,now i finally realise how bad it is.im consiously putting myself down every ten seconds when i'm around others.

I would like to know if this is the disorder thats putting me down or do i hate myself?:(

shy_miss_fly

Yes I experience exactly what you're talking about. I feel it alot at work, I always think people are talking about me, and Ill hear people whispering and Ill think they are whispering about me. Then I get all paranoid and will think "what are they whispering about" "Did I do or say something wrong" Then I would start with the negative thinking and putting myself down. I do believe its part of social anxiety.

The only thing I can really say that I find sorta helps is whenever you catch yourself giving an interal beating, I tell myself to SHUT UP!! and then I try and think of something else to get my mind off of it. Ill think of a funny movie or what I need to get after work or what Im going to have for lunch lol. It acually helps sometimes. Just anything to get your mind off of the negative thoughts. Hope I helped!

nexus

...happens to me all the time...and I still haven't figured out a way to deal with it. This feeling -or maybe this "evil person"- haunts me since I was 4 or 5 and it appears to be everywhere.

I've tried lots of things but nothing actually worked. I guess none of us has a good opinion of him/herself :(

munch

I suffer from this too and i also often wonder weather i's part of the disoreder or if it's something else i have!!

Mine is mainly at work. I don't have much in common with the people in my department and i'm convinced that they hate me and slag me off at every given opportunity! I'm off work ill at the moment and still all i can do is sit thinking 'i bet they're all talking about me, saying how i'm not really poorly and they hope i don't come back'. Is it SA or am i going crazy?? :?

Awkwardgirl

Thanks everyone for the reply.I now understand it's the disorder that's feeding me these negative thoughts.i do like myself and the person i am on the inside i just wish that i could show her to others.Shymissfly-i'll try thinking about different things to try to interrupt the negative thought patterns and see how it works.thanks.:)

4myself

yetisbabe said:
Definitely the disorder! :evil:

I would say that SA has a very negative voice accompanying it.

I guess that its all about changing that voice to a louder one of your own choosing. Changing it to a voice that is positive and kind to you.

It can be done...but it takes time to get the new thinking patterns in place. I am not saying that this is easy...but you have to stick with it and not let the negativity win. :D

Hell yeah!.

bashfulgirl

Right there with you awkwardgirl. Negative thots are about all that goes thru my head after social encounters. I'm glad to know that it's part of the disorder... that makes me think I could actually get somewhere with trying to replacethe bad thots with good ones.

bashfulgirl

Right there with you awkwardgirl. Negative thots are about all that goes thru my head after social encounters. I'm glad to know that it's part of the disorder... that makes me think I could actually get somewhere with trying to replacethe bad thots with good ones.

triceratops

its only natural to think this sa causes us to have a lot of negative thoughts I always get paranoid that people are watching me and judging me but I often just say to myself fuck em who cares and most of the time that usually works :eek:

Hastur

I used to be that way, but it only happens to me when I'm panicking or drunk nowadays.
now I have no access to any sort of internal monologue, through masterful automatic thought avoidance, I get splitting headaches and a panopaly of other symptoms instead, although I'm still acting upon those unheard thoughts.
I really wish I had access to those negative thoughts instead, that way I could actually do something about them