Is this OCD?

EscapeArtist

My high standards stop me from doing so much.
I'm too scared to put myself up to ANY tests, my standards are so high... I'm scared to go on runs because of this, to write tests, to go on bikerides, even to go on walks, constantly obsessing that I'm going to turn back because I won't meet my standards (And then of course, there's also the social anxiety aspect of these activities)

Also when i'm out, i'm CONSTANTLY checking things, is my money still in my pocket? Is my IPOD off? Is my hair in place? I've done this ever since the 3rd grade. Then when it's windy i'm thinking "I HATE THE WIND." and walking faster to fight against it, becasue it will move that one little hair.. but it's such an overwhelming hate of the wind, I consider turning back, rage builds up..

When I see others excelling at school, and i'm unable to sit and do homework because I know I won't be able to do it perfectly. I can't speak (common here) because my words need to be perfect.

Is this a form of OCD? Or is it just assumed that all people with SA have OCD, seeing they obsess over how others see them?

oel

Im like that too, Im very 'anal' if thats a good word lol, about whats going on with me when im out, I would say its a product of the anxiety. If it wasnt for the anxiety you prolly wouldnt care that much, whereas there are ppl with ocd with no anxiety.

exactly, it's a product of the anxiety, a self defense mechanism to stop u dealing wiht the real problems.. :)
ive experienced a lot of ocd tendenceis, now its moslty perfectionism.. its god you have perfectionsim cuz it will help u be ebttr in life, u just have to learn to control it, we both do.. :)

Sounds very ocd to me.

If you try and step back a bit and read your post you will see how the need for control is dictating your life ... unfortunately your desire to have control in your life has manifested itself this way ....

you must drive yourself mad , I have always thought of the ocd as a little demon sitting on my shoulder , telling me what to do , when I have done it, it just adds another ritual to the list , the more you do for it the more it wants, until it dictates every area of your life.

flick your demon off your shoulder , even for just one of those things and fight the urge to do as it tells you ...nothing will happen you know ...AND I DO KNOW .