Is there truly someone for everyone?

moongazing

Hi all :) I'm from Australia and new to the forums.

After 4 years of building up trust with a really nice guy I met online and taking the huge step for me to meet him - and visit a few times (we live in different states), it has ended and I'm pretty messed up by it all.

We've shared alot of ourselves and been on a journey, so it's natural to hurt, I know, it's just that I've never been through this before so I don't know what to do to give my mind some peace, especially with depression lingering too.

We were never officially 'dating' I guess, but there was a trust and promise there that we wouldn't see other people.

He's a really nice man, a little older, but on this last meet up, we found out we annoyed each other quite a bit :p

Could be the age difference, could be the distance, could be that we're too different or have grown apart - or maybe he couldn't put up with my anxiety / agoraphobia / depression (even though I felt much better and more capable of doing things when out and about with him.)

Guess, at 31 and with this being my only experience in getting close to a man, I am hurt, confused and worried that I'll never find anyone I can truly connect with or who will accept me as I am.

We'll still be friends, but I know it wouldn't work now.
For a gal who considers herself a loner with no other real friends, I'm ok with being on my own, but deep down, I guess (as many others do) that I don't end up alone.

Any ideas for a woman who doesn't go out that often to lift her spirits and keep going as I'm pretty sad / lonely / upset at the moment? :(

I love music and have been listening to music constantly and reading, but as I can't freely walk out the door confidently alone, I'd love some advice to keep me occupied till this pain leaves...

Thanks in advance for reading :)
x

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

Its gonna hurt for awhile yeah, but just try keep ur mind off it i know its hard as i only had it happen to me the other day. Do what you can to feel good and keep the chin up :)

FOR REAL

Banned
"Some people feel like they don't deserve love. They walk away quietly into empty spaces, trying to close the gaps of the past."
— Chris McCandless

thats exactly how i feel, but that doesnt mean im not going to have a laugh on the way!

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

ya have to have a laugh dont ya, i'd gas meself if i did'nt lol