Is it possible for you to go for what you want and live life...

to the full given how anxious you are socially, how self conscious you are, how lacking in confidence you are, etc?

I was talking to a friend today who knows I really lack confidence and am so self conscious. We were talking about this girl (woman) at work who I have liked for about 5 years but I don't really know her as she works in a different office. He said to me "If you really like her and want her you have to go for it, life is too short, can you imagine being with her and having amazing times together". I said "I wish I could go for it and aim to make things happen, but I can't, I get so self conscious and anxious if I see her, it would be just impossible to speak to her I'd be so anxious I wouldn't be able to speak". He said "but everyone gets anxious around people they really like, you keep making excuses and putting it off, you should just go for it"

It has got me thinking, am I making excuses, shouldn't I be living my life to the full and pushing myself to get what I want, rather than doing what I am doing - stuck in a boring job, single with no social life and working at trying to overcome SA.

My question is, is it possible for you to go for what you want and live the life you dream of given how anxious you are around people? Is it possible for you to pursue the career you dream of even if it would be daunting and scary given how you feel? Is it possible for you to go and ask out someone you really really like? Is it possible for you to push yourself to get the social life you desire?

Or do you feel it is impossible given how you feel/struggle?