Iontophoresis maintenance.

hydroman123

After doing daily treatments for about 2 weeks, Ive got my hands almost totally dry; but as soon as I try to space out the treatments( to about 3 per week) the sweating comes back. Its a lot less than what it was before, but still bad enough to cause problems.
Has anyone kept on doing daily treatments for months on end? Ive been doing it for almost a month and my hands are great(at the moment). Well, my question is-would doing daily treatments eventually reduce the effectiveness of iontophoresis? Has anyone experienced this?

klamm76

I think that you have to find your own rytm to the treatments.

First time I tried ionto I testet how long i could go,but it didnt last for more then almost 2 weeks,and then I had to start the whole beginning process all over again......12-14 times.

So personally for me now is to take 1 treatment a week to not get this setback,,,,some have to take 2-3 times a week,and then its beginnging to be VERY time consuming,so I consider myself lucky compared to them..But i dont get 100& dry,but 90-95%..

Think 3 weeks is to long to wait.I also dont think 1 straight month whit treatmeants every day is the answer either,because we are different.

When I was overdoing the mA (21) it was a lot less effective for me compared to the mA I use today 10-13 mA.

TNX

domadi

a common mistake I see with people starting out iontophoresis is that they do too many treatments without taking a break. What I'd recommend is to do 7 treatments (1 treatment each day) and then do no more treatments for 2 weeks. Most people will notice their hands starting to become dry around 3 days after the last treatment.

The maintenance schedule depends on the individual. For me, i do a maintenance treatment once every 10-14 days, depending on when i feel the sweat coming back (sweat forming on fingertips is usually a reliable sign that i need to do a maintenance treatment). I've noticed that iontophoresis with shallow water (just barely covering the fingernail works best.

Hope this helps.

hydroman123

domadi said:
a common mistake I see with people starting out iontophoresis is that they do too many treatments without taking a break.
Hey, thanks for the replies. Domadi, Im not really starting out. I got my machine back in May and I did the same as you. 7-10 initial treatments followed by maintenance. While the initial treatments did the trick, its the maintenance that Im having trouble with.
Does one treatment per 2 weeks keep your hands dry under stress? Ive done daily treatments for the last month and my hands are perfectly dry ( for now). Spending 40 minutes a day on iontophoresis isnt too much of a hassle if it means the sweating will stop. Im just worried the effectiveness will diminish. Any thoughts?

klamm76

Hi again.

I just remember 1 storiy I read someplace,and he had no or little effect on ionto,but he moved to another place and tried the ionto there and it was working great.

So his thoughts on that was that it could have something too do whit the hardness or softness in the water he used....And I agree on that thought.

But for me,I have used ionto in different places in Spain. Thailand,Greece,Norway and I have not noticed any difference.But I was using water from the supermarkeds.paid for the water.,accept from in Norway where I only used taped water.

If it is working for you now I dont think it will diminish,I have used ionto for almost 2 year know or something like that,and it has not diminish until now at least...

But you never know??...I just dont want too worry about a problem that is not there yet.

TNX

hydroman123

But you never know??...I just dont want too worry about a problem that is not there yet.

TNX[/quote]
Hey klamm. I know I shouldnt worry about it; Im just paranoid I guess. Has iontophoresis been consistent over the two years? Any relapses?
I dont think Ive heard of anyone on the forum who got immune to iontophoresis. I really hope thats the case. Anyway, thanks for the replies; look forward to hearing from you.

klamm76

Hi hydroman123.

YES for me it has been consistent after I found my routine on the ionto.

But yes I have had some setbacks where I sweat more than other days.The reason for that have mostly been my own fault, I mean by that..the day after I have drunk a lot of beers I sweat more. (clammy and shit like that).

Also I have tried to stay away from wheat.I can just speak for myself her,but I feel that special sugar triggers my sweating.... wheat maybe to...So I try to stay away from those 2 things the best I can..

I am not a drunk,but am glad to take some beers whit friends on weekends,holidays etc...Have to live to you know.

But off course if my sweating will go crazy because off these things I had STOPPED it completely.

TNX

domadi

Here are my observations regarding maintenance:

1. For maintenance, I usually do one maintenance session every 10-14 days. This will vary for each person. If your hands are starting to sweat at the fingertips after 7 days, that means it's probably time to do a maintenance session. One has to be patient because after the maintenance session, the hands might sweat a tad more than before for a little while, but after a day or two, the sweating decreases.

2. In colder climates or seasons, the maintenance period can be extended to around 2-3 weeks.

3. Remember to use shallow water (just covers the fingernails) and it's best that your hands are mostly "dry" when you do maintenance session (don't wait for your sweating to come back full force to begin maintenance). To minimize sweating, I'll "ice" my hands (with ice) to stop any sweating before I put hands in ice try).