Iontophoresis machines...

Does anyone know if the Drionic machine is any good??? any information or advice would be greatly apprectiated. I looked at previous posts and haven't found any real helpful information. my derm prescribed this for me so i'm very curious... it seems to be the least popular of the iontophoresis machines.
thanks,
sweatyblonde.

grimZ

My derm, recommended this too, after doing a bit of research it sounds like it isn't as good as some of the other ones.

I also had major problems trying to get a supplier for it.

Forking out $500 for the equipment I just decided to go and buy a better model.

grimZ,
did your derm recommend both the hands/feet and underarm drionic device? or just one of them? Why would they recommend something that is of lesser quality than the other iontophoresis machines? hmm... odd.
thanks!

If the Drionic is such a piece of crap then why would my derm even recommend it for me in the first place? Is there anyway insurance covers any of the better quality iontophoresis machines? a big issue for me is the cost and if insurance will help out at all... even though it would be well worth the money i'm sure. this stuff is soo confusing... :?

I live in the United States. so I guess that sucks for me and i'm stuck with drionic. unless I could order a Fischer, Idrostar, etc. and have it shipped to me.... hmm.

c304531

Iontophoresis machine (Fischer)

Don't bother with the Drionic. I finally got a prescription from by Doctor and bought the $700 Fischer machine. It is a miracle worker ... put it on a credit card pay it off monthly, it you can't afford it all at once. You see results after 6 to 7 sessions and by 10 sessions you are completely dry. My daughter ran out and bought sandals and is sooo happy. I'm upset I bothered with all the other stuff (pills, dry-sol, etc) and didn't buy this earliar. I was thinking about $$ and not realizing what it was doing to her psychologically. Maintenance is once a week (20 minutes). She does hands and feet. It is painful to do at first but my 18 year old was so motivated.

geedorah

help with Fischer

I also recently got the Fischer machine, but it really irritates my hands. I can handle the pain while it's on, but my skin gets real itchy and bumpy after doing it. The irritation is mainly on the tops of my hands.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I've used the Drionic in the past and it never irritated my hands. Perhaps the setting is too high. I've mainly been using a setting of 15, but the last time I used it at 12 and my hands were still irritated.

Any advice?

c304531

Vaseline ... my daughter puts it on the areas it gets irritated (or if she has a small cut on fingers) before she puts her hands in. She uses the machine at 12 amps. One time (at the beginning sessions) she thought if she turned it up and stayed longer it would work faster. No, just irritation and red feet! Keep it at 12 min for the session (10min/10min).

c304531

Vaseline ... my daughter puts it on the areas it gets irritated (or if she has a small cut on fingers) before she puts her hands in. She uses the machine at 12 amps. One time (at the beginning sessions) she thought if she turned it up and stayed longer it would work faster. No, just irritation and red feet! Keep it at 12 min for the session (10min/10min).

Pinker said:
sweatyblonde06 said:
If the Drionic is such a piece of crap then why would my derm even recommend it for me in the first place? Is there anyway insurance covers any of the better quality iontophoresis machines? a big issue for me is the cost and if insurance will help out at all... even though it would be well worth the money i'm sure. this stuff is soo confusing... :?

Which country are you in? It could be because the Drionic is American so it might be the only one your dermotologist knows of :wink:

Also they apparently don't allow idrostar machines into america under some daft rules.
You can get the idromed 4 from Germany, they apparently don't care what the FDA says, just got mine today but forgot to get the adapter!