Ionto Water Metrics Thread

krazyj

I'm attempting to find out what parameters of iontophoresis bath water are the best for treatment. With this information, I hope to be able to conclusively figure out how to create a perfect or, at least, improved solution for iontophoresis treatment.

A quick example... At home, in another part of the state, the tap water works with great efficiency and will successfully treat for a month in one session. Back at college, the water does not work and requires multiple treatments per week to achieve even half of the efficacy of treatment at home. (And yes, I've tried baking soda, sea salt, lots of things).

Here is what I am asking for:
If you have successful treatment from your water and access to a multimeter (an inexpensive tool used by those working with electricity to take measurements):

1.) Draw a bath of whatever water you typically use
-If you use additives (sea salt, baking soda, anything), create the mix like normal. Also, please note the amount of additive mixed into the solution, too (ie 1 TBSP baking soda).
2.) Note the volume of your solution (how many mL, gallon, whatever)
3.) Take a multimeter and set it to measure resistance
4.) Take both probes, place them in the solution, and measure the resistance of the solution

Then, post the following:
-Volume of water
-Additives used (if any)
-Resistance of water
-Quick description of your experience with this water
-What mA you usually go up to in treatment
-Your treatment regimen (3x week for 3 weeks then 1x/every 2 weeks after)

I know this is a bit technical but I think we can really make some progress here if we can get enough contribution to this.

If you have any problems acquiring a multimeter, they are available at Radio Shack for a couple bucks. If you have any problems using a multimeter, please post up or PM me.

Cheers!

ultrafrost

hey, great post!!!!
I have been using my iontophoresis device for about 1 year, but I never got my hands/feet dry. Sometimes, I would believe that the water quality plays a big part.
recently, I restarted my therapy for about 10 days ( daily, 16mA, 30min) with adding a few drops of Odaban into the tray. I still sweat.
I always use tap water, but I plan to give my hands a few weeks break, and then use the water bought from supermarket. I wish to see any good results.

generation7

this is a great post, hopefully there will be a lot of response. I have the same questions as you do.

When I was living in NJ, it worked pretty good for me. When I moved to NYC though, my results were horrible. Later, I learned that most of NYC has soft water.

So, I go back to NJ from time to time and fill up bottles of the tap water and bring it back to NYC. A very big hassle but hey what are you going to do. But even though I went back to the original water, I haven't had the great results as I did in the beginning. So i'm frustrated.