internet singles....

veryshy

Okay Ive been to just about every site, only found one or two where you could actually talk with someone without first paying a middleman.

So I make this profile several monthes ago and send out a few emails and flints... NOTHING.

In fact up untill today I was the only person who had even viewed my profile. Is this site just dead or am I a toad?

Let me know what you think

http://www.matchdoctor.com/profile11036400.aspx

Chilling__Echo

i've heard alot of people have the same complaints. trust me, there's nothing wrong with your profile!! a man who can cook? you can just bring yourself on over to north carolina :wink:

try www.myspace.com - it's not dating but people are a bit sociable.

plus, i think sites like that only really caters to the people with the swinger lifestyle and model bodies. or they're all just fake.

good luck anyway, but there's nothing wrong with you!!

J

Also free is www.plentyoffish.com

I've done nothing on that site in months and months, but still occasionally get a note from a woman ;) (twice this week, in fact-- a bumper crop) -- not often, but it happens. Try it!

I also used to recommend a pay site for people who don't automatically rule out potential partners with a few extra pounds-- largefriends.com-- but they just doubled their pricing (to $20) and there aren't many things you can do free on that site. Yet, I got a decent amount of responses and even unsolicited emails on that site ... and I'm not rich, perfect, nor absolutely stunning :) ... women do give you 'points' for clever and well-written profiles, though (/end horn toot :p ) However, this seems to be one site where the women outnumber the men ...

Yahoo's service wasn't bad when it was free years back, but now it's expensive AND you don't get much attention out of it.

And sometimes you can write a message to someone who seems liek they'd be interested and never get a reply. Sometimes it's cuz you guessed wrong ;), sometimes the person =never got the message or is no longer using the site (people never take down old ads it seems), or they're chatting with too many people. Many women will just ignore a message rather than write back to say "thanks but no thanks" due to the fact that women are very very VERY often stalked online by some seriously creepy people. (EVERY female I know who chats on Yahoo, ferinstance). Along with the fact that most personals sites are very male-heavy, any man can't expect a lot of attention on these sites, and has to expend some effort (more than one "should have to" ;) so to speak) to get any. BUT IT'S POSSIBLE. Hell, the vast majority of my dating/relationship experience was made possible by the Internet.

I know some might kill to have this problem, but my problem is that, for quite a while now, I haven't really been at all interested in any of the people who expressed interest in me, and, of course, really dig the ones who end up ignoring me. Sigh. I wonder if I'm even capable of love anymore, actually, as I haven't felt anything like it in years now... and the person I've been most recently dating, who's got a great heart and is very understanding and accepting of all my myriad faults, I just somehow, for no reason I can determine, find myself not falling for. It's ridiculous. I feel like I'm in the process of blowing a chance (perhaps the last?) at something real for this disaster of a boy (me!), but I just can't fake it and string someone along for my own benefit ... OK, I went off-topic, sorry.

renegade

Dating sites ? I've given up on them after putting all my hopes in them. I sent like 50 messages and got no relpy.

U have better chances of meeting girls to date on chat, belive me. Just ask them for an MSN/Yahoo Messenger adress and talk to her for a weak or two and then ask her out. That is the theory and it works for me. And this is the point where I can't do the practice anymore. :?

introvert

Thanks for your post J, made me think, especially about having to put in extra effort as you said. I mean, take a look at these sites, there's twice as many men on there as women.

If you don't get a response, is it because you personally are just unwanted, or is it because these women are being bombarded with tons of messages and that is what is reducing your chances.

veryshy

blubs said:
A blonde haired bloke that will cook you breakfast?
Definately not a toad :)

Who you calling a bloke, limey? :D

Just kidding. :wink:

Thanks everyone, Ive been to all those websites. I guess the internet just sucks :roll:

veryshy

Ive been to every free site I know of, even a huge local site. Ive sent hundreds of emails, winks, etc. gotten a few responses but nothing serious.

I wonder what the hell is wrong with me. Why am I so shy, dull and shallow that nobody takes any interest in me.

It seems like the same damn thing in real life. Its gotta be on my end, it is on my end.

Ive never had many friends, never did too well at making any either.

I must have lost touch with my generation somewhere.

All I know is god damn is it hard making it through some days.

LittleMissScareAll

yeah try plentyoffish...I think it's one of the better free dating sites(though I warn against posting much on the forums--some of the people on the plentyoffish forums are jerks--they were saying bad things about me for something I was discussing that wasn't even my fault...sometimes I wish I could jump through the computer screen and punch people like that).
I've gotten quite a few messages there but alot of the people I've liked best on there dont live close to me, of course...haven't really found many interesting people nearby. And as usual I get alot of messages from old men, which I'm not interested in. :?

Horatio

well veryshy.... *brushes dust off the book of wisdom*

some dating sites have a word search function allowing users to search for profiles which include specific words, seeketh such a site my friend

once such a site has been found, create your profile, for it will be great

includeth in your profile the phrase "I like horses" or a variation of, such as "I love to ride horses"

Epilouge - I tried a dating site once, twas a silly idea as I never had the guts to meet anyone I met through it so I stopped the practise quick smart but was startled to receive about 20 - 30 private messages from girls who had read my profile in the first week i had it up there...

I finally figured out why, every single one of the girls had mentioned in their profile that they loved horses and I presume they had been using the word search function to find guys who shared that interest

Horatio

lol the horses thread did remind me of my dating website experience yes

but hey, it worked! if I didnt have social anxiety I would probably have a kadrillion girlfriends by now

The_9th_passenger

The same happens to me. I've been to every spanish site I could find about finding someone special for me and I even paid for two of them to have the most chances to get success on it.... NOTHING!
In about 2 years since I first got internet at home (I live outside civilization jajaj) I only got 1 contact (from a very interesting girl, though) and it was the last month because I made an intensive mailing among all girls I found interesting.
I get there some older women interested on me, but I would not like a relationship with them unless it's just for some casual sex... but I'm not this kind of guy at all. I need some tenderness or I'm not even able to do sex. That's why I've never been to a whore. I have no interest on it at all because sex is just nothing to me if it's without something else :oops: I guess I am some kind of genetically romantic monster or something :oops:
I've been to myspace.com but it doesn't seem to work either ... everyone is from America :roll: :lol: and everyone seems so interesting and they all seem to be so cute that I just quit the site with worst self-steem than I had before :(
Any advice on how to use myspace so i get better "results"?

AllJammin

I dont think your profile is a problem at all, I've come across many profiles that simply have no information at all.

But dont give up, try free dating sites, initiate contact with as many people as you can, you are more likely to receive responses from a wider variety of women, and you can take it from there.

Alot of sites simply have little activity on them, alot of the conventional sites are up to their heads in profiles, and alot of profiles just get buried within this mass!

there's a few unconventional sites you can try, myspace, faceparty, these are more social network type of sites, but do work well for some. I personally run my own and offer users many unique and different ways of getting in contact with each other and getting their profiles, I myself am registered as a singleton and had messages from many women wishin to start a conversation at least!
Doesnt cost to send messages, and it gives you guesttbooks, shows you who has visited your profile, or guestbook, allows people to declare crushes, shows most popular users etc, even birthday boys and girls, i think its what alot of dating sites miss is exposing their members profiles!

I'll not go on about it anyway but I do sincerely wish you luck :)

Maz

http://www.alljammin.com - totally free dating and flirting in the UK