Insight ep on anxiety

If you're bored, turn on SBS right now, there's a pretty interesting episode of that discussion show "Insight" - this week's topic is anxiety. It was on last week, and it's repeated again sometime later in the week i think.

It seems interesting so far, hearing some recovered social-phobes talking about their experiences, and hearing other ppl struggle to talk, blushing like crazy, who obviously still suffer from it. I'll come back and edit this post when i've finished watching.

edit: yeah it was pretty interesting. Insight's often a bit of a mess though, cos they have just 50mins or so to get through the topic, and the topics they pick are always really broad complex issues like "racism", "anxiety", etc. So you hear a few different ideas, often conflicting, and then it ends. Still, it was pretty interesting to hear the different types of anxiety ppl have, and some of the ideas the doctors had about treatment. One problem with a televised talk show about anxiety is the obvious one - you're not gonna get many ppl with severe social anxiety volunteering to talk on tv in front of a group of ppl about their problem. There were a few ppl who'd had it bad, and recovered though, so it was interesting to hear them. So yeah it's probably worth having a look at Mandy.

Last edited: