i'm stuck and i can't move on

Yasmin

i keep getting stuck on different causes that trigger my unwanted thoughts even though they have nothing to do with one another. for example, there's this lie i told to my mom about two years ago that i wasn't skipping class. i was written up for it, but i told her i didn't do it, but the truth is, the whole time i was hiding to avoid taking a test i knew i'd fail. now i'm telling myself that i can't stop thinking my unwanted thoughts until i tell the truth for that lie. i know it's counterproductive, but does anyone else have this problem. what do i do about it?

Morgan01

I personally don't have this problem but it sounds just another one of those things you feel like you have to do to get rid of your anxiety that goes with ocd

SilentType

Banned
Barry,

I have an idea that would make you feel better. Go back to the store you stole the shirt from and give the cashier however much the shirt cost. Say it's just part of your therapy and you're righting the wrongs you've done in life. It's not like they can prove you stole the shirt 13 years later, plus you'll feel better for having done this. Karma!

Peace