I'm New

Claireabell

Hi , I'm New

I am 31 years old and come from Bristol. I am married with a five year old daughter and have suffered from social anxiety since my early 20's. I would like to make friends with people who have SA to share experiences, hopes and fears but to also have a laugh as well.

I do get good periods when I feel I can take on the world. I also force myself to do things to try and help. I am starting college in September to hopefully enable me to become a Teaching Assistant. I do want to go to the local Bristol SA-UK meet when I feel a bit more confident and it would be great to talk to anyone else who would like to attend. My social life is non exsistant and I am sooooooooooooo bored. I need a life.

Claireabell :)

I_Hate_Life

Hi claire :)

I am new myself here, Hope you find what your looking for, i have found some friendly people already. :D

twizel

Dear C. I am new to this site - I am 36 wife and mother of two. I am considering a teaching assistant course too - I don't know whether I can handle it! My social life is non existant - much to my frustration.

Boundless

Hello,and welcome.Most people are up for a chat on here :D Good luck with college,i still cant beat my self into going :x

will_b

I'm new

Hello Claireabell,
I'm in Bristol too. I hope you do make it to the next meeting of the SA West group. We are all OK people with the same problem to one extent or another and affecting different parts of our lives, so we know how each other feels.

I have only been to one meeting, back in July, but have been in a psychiatric unit since then, so I guess that's a reasonable excuse. I'll be at the next one and hope you can make it there.

will_b

McShy said:
And now I'e got Sp under control, I find I'm bi-polar..

Me too, that's what I was being treated for (see earlier post). One day I couldn't sleep so I went for an early morning run. When I got back, the nurse said "where have you been, you're late for a blood test." To which I said, "I've been out for a run." She said, "You must be mad," to which I replied, "Yes, that's why I'm in here."

I find that I now have a great excuse for anything oddball I may do, which is kind of reassuring.

Claireabell

Thanks for the replies.

Well hopefully I will be going to the Bristol SA meet tonight. I have arranged to meet another SAer because I can't face walking into a room of pepole that I do not know. I don't think she is on this site. I am so worried that she will not show up. Hopefully we can support one another.

Will-B are you going tonight? Hopefully I will see you there, god I am so scared about it.

Claire