I'm new and I need help....

Owlz

Hi I came to this site after browsing online looking for some way to find help. The govt doesnt seem to be interested and I'm tired of being on medication which only makes me feel distant and lethargic.
At this point in time I havent left the house in months, I never take my kids out, dont walk my dogs in secluded area's anymore because I dont have a car, I dont attend appointments and today I broke down because I needed a spanner and I dont have one. I was so upset at the idea of having to leave the house I completely broke down.
I never visit family, dont have a social life and find it extremely difficult to forge any kind of relationship with other people.
I'm tired of living like this now and I need to find help.
The social work department doesnt seem to be interested, the doctor sends me to the psychiatrist who then puts up my medication. I stopped taking it because I was sick of feeling like a zombie. I want to get better, not coat the problem over with drugs. I want to find out how I can lead a normal life again. It's been so long that I cant remember what its like.
I'm a single mother of 2 children, 8yo son and 12yo daughter. I have panic attacks thinking that they will get ill and have to go to the dr or hospital.
I love them so much and I'm sickened at how frightened I am of going out of the house now.
Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction to find help?

market.garden

It can be hard when all doctors seem to do is just up medication seemingly without a thought, but have you spoken to your doctor about how you really feel about medication?

Perhaps a start is to sit down with someone and tell them exactly how meds make you feel, how you don't just want to rely on them to make you feel better, and ask them if there is anyone/anywhere else you can turn to.
There are so many places out there that offer help, its sometimes just a question of finding the right one. Don't give up though, just try to address things as calmly as you can .

AimeeSP

Hi, welcome to SPW. :)

I really wish i had some awesome advice to give, but i'm just switching over to the adult mental health now and do not know yet how good/useless they are. Hang around on here though, lots of great awesome advice giving people and we all have a laugh and a joke too. :)

Owlz

thanks for the advice guys, I'll speak to the dr as soon as she comes back from her annual hols. Ye I'll stick around. Nice to meet you.