Im going to see a psychiatrist, any advice?

Has Hyperhidrosis ever made you question your religion?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • I dont know what I believe anymore/Sometimes

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Sure_whynot

My whole goal is for the psychiatrist to see and validate the severity of my HH, and the psychological problems its given me. Then with his professional validation & recommendation I hope that my insurance company will finally approve me for ETS surgery.

I need this, the risks are irrelevant to me at this point in time.

What negative aspects of living with HH do you guys/gals suggest that I make sure to mention to him? In your mind, how dose having HH affect you the worst?

Im pretty nervous about this, If i get denied again (this would be my 2nd attempt) for ETS then im out of appeal chances. & my insurance will not be helping me pay at all. Which basically means no surgery. =/

medlam

I brought this topic up before and didn't get much of a response. i think the therapy thing is a good idea i mean most people will admit that social situations are the hardest to deal with so surely social anxiety comes into question. also alot of people say that when their drunk there HH goes this must be a psycological reaction
Let me know if this was any good for you and how your session went very interested

cm123

http://www.sweathelp.org/English/PFF_Insurance_Overview.asp

Look at the: "Learn how to request reimbursement" and "Download Hyperhidrosis Preauthorization Request Form"

Also, if your insurance denies, it is because they believe that you have not tried all your options for HH. ETS is a last resort measure. You should document what you have tried and the duration for what you tried it for. If you have not tried "Glyco", Drysol, and Ionto" for atleast 2months each you are going to get denied...., or Most insurance companies will preform botox before ETS, and from personal experience I would try Botox first.

Dont rush........

Last edited:

Sure_whynot

International Hyperhidrosis Society: Insurance Tools: Insurance and Reimbursement

Look at the: "Learn how to request reimbursement" and "Download Hyperhidrosis Preauthorization Request Form"

Also, if your insurance denies, it is because they believe that you have not tried all your options for HH. ETS is a last resort measure. You should document what you have tried and the duration for what you tried it for. If you have not tried "Glyco", Drysol, and Ionto" for atleast 2months each you are going to get denied...., or Most insurance companies will preform botox before ETS, and from personal experience I would try Botox first.

Dont rush........

Thanks I'll check out that form. Im done waiting, I've tried all of that shit & jumped through hoops for them for years. Nothing works, dont tell me to wait any longer. I wont.

mariecherrie

Be honest with him and open to questions. Do you have HH because of SA? If so, or if you know what causes you HH, let him know that as well. MAKE SURE HE HAS A GOOD REPUTATION.. for the most part psych. docs. want to help, but there are those exceptions. Just be yourself. If he doesn't approve this, I am sure he can point you in the right direction. Never be afraid to ask for alternatives.

Sure_whynot

Have you tried Botox yet?

First off, sorry I was kind of irrational. I've been getting like that more and more unfortunately. I have not tried botox, I fought that insurance "battle" for about a year and a half with no success. I suffer from Severe HH in my hands, armpits, feet, and random other places.

The cost of having botox in just my 3 core problem areas, even with my insurance, is ridiculously high. There is no way that I could afford, even with insurance, to have that procedure done every 6 months.

Be honest with him and open to questions. Do you have HH because of SA? If so, or if you know what causes you HH, let him know that as well. MAKE SURE HE HAS A GOOD REPUTATION.. for the most part psych. docs. want to help, but there are those exceptions. Just be yourself. If he doesn't approve this, I am sure he can point you in the right direction. Never be afraid to ask for alternatives.

I'd be honest... but I dont want to be locked up or on Suicide Watch or some bull **** like that. I dont have HH because of SA, & frankly I dont quite understand why I have this problem at all. I was always a very social person, and have always had lots of friends. Medically, nothing about this condition or the way its being surgically treated makes much scene to me.

My fear is that he'll just want to talk me through it and help me emotionally accept and deal with my problem. I dont want that, I dont need to pay some guy lots of money to hold my hand and tell me everything will be alright.

I dont want to "cope" through my whole life, I want to be fixed.

Sure_whynot

& sorry to rant guys/gals. I know your trying to help.​

Its just; The thought of living my whole life this way is just simply unimaginable.

cm123

Have you tried oral "Glyco" (glycopyrrolate, Generic for Robinul/Avert) ?

If you have tried it, how much did you take?
Take 6mg 2 hours before eating a meal when you wake. At 6mg you will be as dry as a sarcophagus.

I would buy the "Avert Trial Size - 2.0mg ( glycopyrrolate )" and if it works, (which it should, it is 96% effective with doses over 4mg) I would show the bottle to the doctor explain how it is working for you and ask for a perscription so you can use your insurance to cover it. With insurance it is about $4.00 for 30 pills.

You can buy them without a prescription safely from here:

Welcome to pharmacy.ca

Sure_whynot

Have you tried oral "Glyco" (glycopyrrolate, Generic for Robinul/Avert) ?

If you have tried it, how much did you take?
Take 6mg 2 hours before eating a meal when you wake. At 6mg you will be as dry as a sarcophagus.

I would buy the "Avert Trial Size - 2.0mg ( glycopyrrolate )" and if it works, (which it should, it is 96% effective with doses over 4mg) I would show the bottle to the doctor explain how it is working for you and ask for a perscription so you can use your insurance to cover it. With insurance it is about $4.00 for 30 pills.

You can buy them without a prescription safely from here:

Welcome to pharmacy.ca

I've already survived the nightmare that came with using Accutane. From what I've heard this is just like the drying side effects of it(accutane) except amped up. How has it worked for you? & also, I dont have S.A or Anxiety or anything, so none of those medications will help. (i've already tried =/)

cm123

The comparison to accutane is not at all true. The medicines are two complete different medicines that interact with the body in different ways. I have take 3 full sessions of accutane treatment and currently i am on maintenance course! I can tell you that before I even used anything for my HH that the accutane did not stop my sweating, if anything it made it worse. Yes accutane has the dreadful sideaffects of making your lips chapped and some parts of your skin dry, but it no ways inhibits sweating. (Google the side affects of accutane you will see increased sweating is sometimes on of them! (also accutane has psychological affects...... that can be dangerous..... wont go there tho)

Glyco inhibits the neural transmissions your body sends to signal for sweat. Glyco is NOT a medicine that is used to treat any types of SA. Glyco is technically for stomach ulcers but has been approved for used as an oral antiperspirant. This medicine will in no way help your anxiety, unless not sweating calms you down, in that case it will :)

Anticholinergics - There are a couple different brands of anticholinergics available. One popular brand is called Robinul (sometimes mistakenly spelled Rubinol or Rubinal). The generic (drug) name is 'glycopyrrolate.' Another one is called Ditropan. It's similar to Robinul.

With regard to excessive sweating, anticholinergics work best for generalized sweating. That is, sweating that occurs over the whole body. If you have only severe underarm sweating, but no foot sweating, palm sweating, or facial sweating, anticholinergics may not be the best solution for you.

Robinul works by blocking transmission of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine) that is responsible for excessive sweating.

You can read patient reviews here:
ROBINUL: Side effects, ratings, and patient comments

Keep in mind though, this is by no means a miracle drug. It does have its side affects like dry mouth. But many ppl here over tips on over coming it, like just keeping water on hand or taking cough drops. It really depends how much your HH is ruining your life, i rather take glyco and deal with a dry mouth then have sweat hands and feat.....

EDIT:

search the forum here with these terms: Avert, glycopyrrolate, robinul, Robinul (sometimes mistakenly spelled Rubinol or Rubinal) most ppl have had great success just by taking 1mg!

Last edited:

Sure_whynot

*Update* My appointment was pushed back, and now I am finally going tomorrow. *Update*

Does anyone else have anything to add to my original post? I'd love to hear more from you all. =]​

kingflab

I suppose it differs from person to person. In many cases, I can imagine anxiety leads to hypherhidrosis, in others I can see hyperhidrosis causing anxiety.

I don't get anxious much anymore, in fact I'm very confident and hyperhidrosis stopped making me nervous years ago. That doesn't stop me sweating though, I can do a seminar at university and give a presentation in front of a group of people, quite confidently, but still sweat as heavy as usual. I did used to think anxiety caused my hyperhidrosis, but after getting over my anxiety I'm starting to think its the other way round.

cm123

I suppose it differs from person to person. In many cases, I can imagine anxiety leads to hypherhidrosis, in others I can see hyperhidrosis causing anxiety.

I don't get anxious much anymore, in fact I'm very confident and hyperhidrosis stopped making me nervous years ago. That doesn't stop me sweating though, I can do a seminar at university and give a presentation in front of a group of people, quite confidently, but still sweat as heavy as usual. I did used to think anxiety caused my hyperhidrosis, but after getting over my anxiety I'm starting to think its the other way round.

watch this: Welcome to pharmacy.ca