I'm afraid I might go insane...

Rexus

For a while now I haven't been able to sleep well and klonopin isn't doing its work anymore. I'm kind of psychotic and recently I had sex with a sex worker and I'm going insane about having HIV thinking I definitely have it even though I used a condom. I had a nerve racking experience like this before and couldn't rest my mind until I did the test 3 months after the incident, so I'm not sure this time I can last 3 months, I'm just going crazy and I feel my mind is being eaten. Should I be prescribed something else? Klonopin and xanax used to work but they don't anymore now, should I up the dose? There aren't many psychiatrists here in Lebanon so I really need advice and names of meds I can ask the dr. about I can't handle this craziness anymore. I told my mom about the HIV thing but she isn't really scared and tells me to stop worrying and that I used protection but I feel like God wants me to get it because I did it before and didn
t abstain from doing the same mistake again. help me. Not even xanax is helping me sleep. what can I do? Thank you.

ColForbin

Perspective my friend. Think about the facts here. You're not going insane.

You had sex with a hooker in lebanon. Yeah, its kinda dirty, but you used a condom, which is good. Did it break? You didn't say, so I'll assume no. I know when you are freaking out odds/probabilities don't mean ****, but the truth is the odds are strongly in your favor of not having aids.

The best thing you can do now is not bone any more hookers. It's probably hard to be in Lebanon not getting any tail, but its probably better just to stick with jerking it. In the mean time, there's nothing you can do until you can get the test.

Also, remember that sleep depravation makes everything seem worse. I know that heavy stuff like klonopin and xanax is appealing, but should talk to your doctor and do what he says. Breathing exercises can be helpful in getting to bed, as well as turning your clock away from you at night. Also, only use your bed for sleeping; it will help you condition yourself to fall asleep in your "sleeping place."

good luck buddy

I really wouldnt worry all that much about catching HIV if you wore a condom, the chances of that happening are very slim

Noca

Banned
There are better sleep aids than Klonopin or Xanax. Try something like Mirtazepene or Trazodone as a sleep aid.

Rexus

Thanks for the replies guys. I was recently told by someone that the chances are extremely slim and if you wore a condom a Dr. doesn't really tell you to take a test, which means you're not really at risk. However, I still get a bit paranoid, and klonopin/xanax are just not doing their magic anymore. Are these sleep aids good for my paranoia? Is there something better than klonopin/xanax for yet-to-be-insane people like me? Lots of love.

And about the quote, well, it's pretty nice, talking about how it's annoying to be living in such crazy minds without going insane. Sometimes it feels just like that, but hopefully I'll never lose my sanity.