illegal drugs cause sp?

Danfalc

Banned
Heya angie

Smoking cannabis also really screwed me up aswell perhaps causing or triggering my sa, unlike yourself though it was when i stopped smoking the stuff when i got hit with a tidal wave of anxiety.But wow.. ive never heard of someone hetting such a bad reaction like that so quickly and im sorry it happend to you.

Not sure your new to the site, but its says this is your first post so im gathering you are? So if you are welcome to the website! :)

angiepangie

thanks for the welcome

thanks for the welcome yes im new to the site and its good we can all talk to each other about different experiences.xxxxx

Smoking cannabis also really screwed me up aswell perhaps causing or triggering my sa, unlike yourself though it was when i stopped smoking the stuff when i got hit with a tidal wave of anxiety.But wow.. ive never heard of someone hetting such a bad reaction like that so quickly and im sorry it happend to you.

Not sure your new to the site, but its says this is your first post so im gathering you are? So if you are welcome to the website! :)[/quote]

sammmm

hello people im new here aswell.. i used to smoke weed, at first it was just fun but then it became a way of life. then i started taking whatever came my way. Mushrooms and lsd really screwed me up, i never had a good time on them, then from then on i got worse and worse i found it harder to talk and be around people and eventually became a recluse.
so yeh a combination of weed and acid triggered my social anxiety. now im taking cipralex and going counseling and things are slowly getting better, woo! STAY AWAY FROM ACID!!!

italiano

my anxiety/paranoia/depression problems are DEFINATELY from my drug use. up until november last year i was a frequent ecstacy, cocaine, speed, cannabis user, and was heavily into the rave scene. i am 19 and this is the time i should be going out but im not. i was diagnosed in november last year so its only earli for me compared to most of the people on this site, so im not sure how long it will last, im on beta blockers and anti depressants so hopefulli will get better... :?

Maybe a bit off topic, but somebody said earlier it is leathal to inject small quantities of air into the bloodstream (bubbles in a shot of heroin). This is simply not true, though i believed it myself for a long time.
Recently i spent a couple of days in hospital with a mangled finger. They hung me on a saline IV drip with anti-biotics for 3 days and whenever they changed the bag there was quite a bit of air going through the tubes.
When i asked them jokingly if they were trying to kill me they explained that its completely harmless. Since i'm alive i'll have to take their word for it. :wink:

On topic :

According to me the most dangerous drugs for persons inclined to SP or other mental problems are (in order)

1. Psychedelics/Hallucinogenics (LSD, LSA, DMT, Mushrooms, RC's)
2. Stimulants (Speed, Coke, Meth, E)
3. Cannabis

Cannabis is in fact a psychedelic, its just the use and dose that makes for the difference in effect. Its not a relaxant as most ppl think : your blood-pressure and heartrate go UP even if u feel drowsy/stoned.

I would rate a number Psychedelics extremely dangerous for fragile users, one time use can lead to years of recovery (if any) - then again u might have a spiritual rebirth, its a lottery.
Stimulants and Cannabis are dangerous over extended use, both can lead to severe paranoia, albeit paranoid weed users are a lot less likely to get violent.
Ecstasy is a psychedelic stimulant and can lead to serotonine depletion and hence depression if used in excess. It releases all your serotinine (and dopamine) reserves at once in quite a unnatural way. If u repeat this process enough there will be none left and the XTC will loose its effect. Needless to say this can be very depressing. :lol:
When this happens it is important to stop using for a few months (preferably longer) to allow your brain to rebuild seratonine levels.