I'll do anything once!

Do you try new things?

• Yes, always! I'll try anything I get a chance to!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Yes, sometimes. I'm adventurous enough.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope. Not really. I stick with what I know I like.

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

WeirdyMcGee

It's okay if you stick to what you know you like and don't step outside of your comfort zone, but (and I'm talking for foods mostly) if you never try or re-try new things, you might be missing out on something you actually REALLY enjoy.

This year, my sister decided she likes AVOCADO and pretty much anything avocado related.
For the past 29 years of her life, she refused to try it; she finally tried it recently and found out she likes the taste alot.

That was my original point, I think.
Being picky is fine but you might miss out on something good by refusing to try it and as we get older, our tastes change; palate expands and it would be a shame not to take advantage of that.

Agent_Violet

It's okay if you stick to what you know you like and don't step outside of your comfort zone, but (and I'm talking for foods mostly) if you never try or re-try new things, you might be missing out on something you actually REALLY enjoy.

This year, my sister decided she likes AVOCADO and pretty much anything avocado related.
For the past 29 years of her life, she refused to try it; she finally tried it recently and found out she likes the taste alot.

Being picky is fine but you might miss out on something good by refusing to try it and as we get older, our tastes change; palate expands and it would be a shame not to take advantage of that.

I'm so bad with this. I really get annoyed when a person refuses to try a new food. I don't know why this pushes my buttons so badly I guess I just get excited to share new things with people then I get so let down and sad when they won't even open themselves up to a new experience.

lol i need to work on being more patient with people who simply want their routine without new things added to it.

Srijita52

I agree with you.

psych

Well, I've gone tandem skydiving twice...
I picked the middle answer, because I occasionally get asked to do things that I've never done before, that I simply have no interest in doing...
Like having a spa day with the girls... Sooo not my idea of a way to enjoy my day. Blah!