I'll do anything once!

Do you try new things?

• Yes, always! I'll try anything I get a chance to!

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Yes, sometimes. I'm adventurous enough.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope. Not really. I stick with what I know I like.

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

WeirdyMcGee

Are you the type of person who claims; 'I will do anything once!'
Are you serious about it?
When I think about this saying, it worries me. Seems extreme to me...
Would you do every drug once-- just so you can say you have?
Would you commit every crime once just so you're following your motto to a 't'?

haha
So, I don't say I'm a person who will do anything once.
I do what I want to do. I like trying new foods.
I don't drink or smoke. Don't want to bother trying because it's unappealing to me... I would try things that appeal to me, though.
I try new medications, new vitamins, new fashion trends for a 'trial period' to see if it'll work for me. Trying it once wouldn't be long enough to tell if it works, though.

QUESTION, ALL: Are you someone who likes to try new things? Any new things or only some new things?

Rembrandt Broam

Yes, sometimes. I'm adventurous enough.

I won't try just anything simply for the sake of saying I did it, but if I think it's something I'll enjoy then I'll usually be willing to try it.

MrJones

I could try anything once, but I don't want to. I will do whatever I want (and can) and that's it.

razzle dazzle rose

If there is the opportunity to, yes, I would try anything once. I won't necessarily go out of my way to seek the opportunity to do so though...if that makes sense.

For example, I have tried several drugs just for the experience. But I did not go out and buy them...they were offered to me and I just went along...to try them.

I do have limits of course. I wouldn't kill someone or kill an animal just for the experience. No, no, no.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I'm not someone who will try anything once. No amount of alcohol or persuasion will get me to bungee jump, for example.

I'm not someone who will try anything once. No amount of alcohol or persuasion will get me to bungee jump, for example.

Lol Mikey

I hate heights.

I used to think 'try everything once' I dont think like that now...cant say if it was wrong or right to think it but that time in my life has passed.

razzle dazzle rose

I am also afraid of heights! I do want to get over that fear though. It would be crazy to bungee jump...and I don't think I would do it...but if the opportunity presented itself I might be tempted to...

Phoenixx

Nope, I'm definitely someone who prefers their comfort zone. There's not a whole lot I'll go out of my way for just to try it once. I'm not exactly an adventurous person... Unless you take me travelling. Then I'm up to go pretty much anywhere! ::p:

While we're talking about heights, I too am terrified of them. Yes terrified, not just afraid. I can't look over anything at a height without feeling dizzy and short of breath. Even looking out the window on the second story of a building scares me. I've always been this way though. When I was little I envied the kids who were able to sit on their parent's shoulders haha.

WeirdyMcGee

Oh, yes- I get fainting spells and terrible vertigo when I'm up high-- or even looking up at a tall building.
haha

I would go sky diving or bungee jumping if it was free, though!
I've always liked extreme sports; but my health doesn't always allow me to partake.

coyote

i'm pretty adventurous

i've probably already done alot of stuff that would turn your knuckles white

i like trying new food, too

MikeyC

I honestly don't even think about it, I just do it. And then think about it for the next 10 years afterwards. You don't even have to dare or bribe me, I'll just do it. This is sad on my part.
As long as you're not pressured into anything, it's not sad at all.

I guess that's a part of the Great Kiwi Experience that you'll forgo, huh?
Oh, you know it. Stay on the ground!

WeirdyMcGee

My thing is food-- I'm always cooking and baking and thankfully, my mom and brother will eat whatever I make.

My sister was ALWAYS picky about what she ate.
Pepperoni pizza was all she'd eat from age 12 until she was 20.

I made Tiramisu and caramel cheesecake for mom's birthday a few years ago and my sister refused to even take a bite.
She asked what they were made with and I said-- 'marscarpone cheese'/'cream cheese' and she wouldn't touch it because they were made of cheese.
...seriously.
And I'm the one who is lactose intolerant-- she's just picky.

MikeyC

I don't really know what counts as pressuring. If it's offered I'll take it. If it's being pushed on me I won't. I guess sort of like that? I don't know I find my impulsive state quite sad for most people.
Well, then that means you don't fall for peer pressure and that's good. I don't know - I don't find it sad. :)

WeirdyMcGee

I don't really know what counts as pressuring. If it's offered I'll take it. If it's being pushed on me I won't. I guess sort of like that? I don't know I find my impulsive state quite sad for most people.

Impulsiveness can be fun- it can also get out of hand, though.
I think a part of getting older is learning when to say no.
Some people never learn-- but their decisions bring them on alot of wild adventures that people who'd have said no never would have been able to experience.

There's nothing sad about it.
Cherish your good memories. Learn from your mistakes.
That's all there is to it-- for everyone in general; not just you.
haha

Phoenixx

My thing is food-- I'm always cooking and baking and thankfully, my mom and brother will eat whatever I make.
^ Yeah I like to be pretty adventurous when it comes to food too. Of course I have limitations of what I can eat, but if it's possible, I'll try something new.

AGR

I never did any drugs,I dont want to do it because you are only financing violence and drug cartels,I never would say that I will never do it,but it will take a LOT for me to do it,like a some kind of brainwash,only would do it if it was legal,right now no possibility.

I am not promiscuous, I believe I will never be either,because I dont get attached to people a lot,but when I do it is always intense,I dont want to be either,I also avoid girls who tend to walk with bad people or do bad things,because doesnt matter if a women is married you will always have guys who hit on them or dont care if they are, so the avoidance of those people have to come from her,if I know she likes those kind of people,there is 0 chances that anything will happen,I wont change I believe,not even when I was crucified because of this I changed or gave up my ideals.

Duzmiu

il try alot of things but i have my limits
i once drunk a small bottle of vinegar...i wouldnt recommend doing that ;)

but i wouldnt say eat a peice of poo or lick a cats bum lol

Lea

Banned
Anything once? By far not, there are things I don´t need to try. Most of these kicks are just unimportant bs anyway.