Ignored!

Dont you just hate it when your ignored / talked over / blanked ! maybe its just me.
If only i could raise my voice a little and speak up.......
love to shout in their faces one day!

MariahCarey

i totally agree wit u hun
the exact same thing happened to me today
i was in a performing arts group with 3 otha ppl and we were comin up with ideas for our performance and whenever i gave an idea sum1 either talked over me or just completely blanked me.
pissed me off big time!

Boundless

Yes its very annoying,doesnt make it any easier for us if there just ignoring us,people like that want a slap! we have good valid ideas yet there not willing to listen :x

Chilling__Echo

yep, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. that and being interrupted. like, blatantly interrupted. you might as well be ignored b/c then they obviously don't care what you ahve to say... it makes me mad

qipuqipu

It seems like no matter how loud I talk, no-one hears what I say. Maybe it's the quality of my voice? No matter - I still feel like nobody appreciates what I say.

upyourspeed

Maybe the best way to deal with this would be to say what you have to say with the assumption that it will be ignored....

This way speaking up won't seem like such a big deal because you don't have to worry about all the attention being on you....

And if you aren't ignored it's even better isn't it and you can slowly say more and more things :)

I know how you feel about wanting to 'shout in their faces', in similar situations for me I feel as tho one day I'm going to flip and just let them have it! (*secretly cant wait till that day*)

But then you do have to start taking small steps now and again to achieve your ultimate goal, and if that means speaking a bit louder than you usually do or using more hand gestures or making more eye-contact with people then so be it!

Remember this quote:

"The reason people fail rather than succeed is because they trade in what they want at that moment for what they really want in life"

cLavain

Chilling__Echo said:
yep, that's one of my biggest pet peeves. that and being interrupted. like, blatantly interrupted. you might as well be ignored b/c then they obviously don't care what you ahve to say... it makes me mad
Yes! I hate being interrupted! I just don't understand how some people can hear someone begin a sentence, then mindlessly break in and start talking loudly! :x :x :x

Is there ANY way to handle this other than brutally smacking the offender's face? :twisted:

Yes I hate it when I am ignored when I pluck up the courage to talk in a team at work it's Embarrassing!!! :twisted:

I've started to pretend that I can't hear them when they start talking sometimes I even say 'what did you say' to wind them up. :wink:

IceLad

I'm beginning to think I'm invisible. On my way to work this last week, I've waved at 5 different people I know, and they've all not noticed me. Unfortunately, my 'invisibility' wears off when I'm at work, as people notice me and ask me to do this, do that....