if you use medications...

coriander1992

Hi ! :D
I know a lot of people on here use different meds for their SA, I was just wondering what meds do you use, and do you get them prescribed by a doctor, or just buy them somewhere?
Do you have to get SA meds prescribed by a doctor?

I'm thinking about trying something for my SA, as i really can't go on like this, but as I am only 14, would this be a problem also?

SilentType

Banned
Hi. I've had SP/agoraphobia for 3 years now and I've been prescribed many meds to try to combat my illness. The fact that I've been on so many meds is the reason that you should not attempt to self medicate by buying prescription drugs off the streets. You do not have the qualifications to "prescribe" medicine to yourself, therefore, you should see a psychiatrist who specializes in this issue right away so that you can have a professional give you the help that you need.

Also, I would like to add that there is no medication that is going to magically defeat you social phobia. Meds definitely help, but you will also need to get therapy to help you change the ways that you live your life.

It's a long road to recovery, but the sooner you get on that road, the sooner you will feel better and be living the life that you're yearning for. I hope you get help soon, like I did.

Peace & Good Luck